So this morning it randomly kept disconnecting (this happens on a daily basis btw) and then would not reconnect no matter what I do. I've tried rebooting the Playbook multiple times, rebooted my router 2 twice, and reset all my settings on the router as well, as non of those helped the issue. Kept screwing around with it all day to get it to finally connect but nothing has changed. Router is provided by my ISP. Its a 2wire wireless G router. Great signal range and speed beats my retired wireless N linksys router. Very happy with it. Anyways, I tried changing the password on my router but that hasn't helped either. The funny thing is all the devices in my household (Laptop, iPad, 2 iPhones, 2 Android devices, XBox, PS3, and both cable boxes) all connect without a single disconnetion. So I'm pretty sure the problem isn't with my router and might be with the playbook itself. This is very odd as it won't even detect the IP address. Its just stuck on step 1 of 3 and then says "Authentication timeout. Please re-enter password and try again." Or something along those lines. If anyone has experienced this issue before and knows how to fix it, please help. Its now next to dead weight without an internet connection. Thanks for the help guys, truly appreciate it.
    02-05-13 08:21 PM
    My PlayBook does the same thing every so often and I have tried every thing that you have. The PlayBook tries three time and says can't detect an IP address. So I go to the Wi-Fi on the Playbook and tap on my net work and it connects. It has never connected for me by changing the password. Hope this works. Good luck.
    02-05-13 10:03 PM
    My PlayBook does the same thing every so often and I have tried every thing that you have. The PlayBook tries three time and says can't detect an IP address. So I go to the Wi-Fi on the Playbook and tap on my net work and it connects. It has never connected for me by changing the password. Hope this works. Good luck.
    Well it usually does reconnect even after a few tries but it won't anymore no matter how many times I try.
    02-05-13 11:22 PM
    I spent hours trying to connect and like i said i just went to the Wi-Fi and clicked on my network and it connected right away. Hopefully someone can shine some light on it for you . If i can think of something else that i have done to get mine to connected I will let you know..
    02-05-13 11:35 PM
    Have you tried changing the workgroup to a name that is differerent from your computers?
    Playbook has a 'special' feature that is wants to be the 'master' in the network. Changing the workgroup fixes that.
    Worked for me when i had the same problem.
    02-06-13 12:37 AM
    Log into your router and manually select a channel. If its on automatic channel selection, change it to a channel 1-10. Some routers will cause the playbook disconnect on automatic selection.
    02-06-13 01:52 AM
    I had the same problem with wifi at work. The first day the playbook was connected very quickly, than one day it discontinued. I tried everything but couldn't link with wifi. My bold 9900 didn't had problems connecting. At my home I don't have problems connecting.
    02-06-13 02:16 AM
    certainly worth manually changing the channel as they usually default to 1 and as the antena in the playbook is fairly poor compared to laptops etc, they suffer badly with interferance from other wifi signals and even other devices "robbing" the available signal.
    I read somewhere that you should switch to channel 6 or 11 - although am not completely sure why, but after having similar drop out and freezing issues, changed mine to channel 11 and have had no problems since!
    hopefully this will help a little?
    cheers
    02-06-13 02:25 AM
    Have you tried deleting the connection in your Playbook WiFi management screen, and letting the Playbook 're-discover' your router?
    02-06-13 03:41 AM
    This has happened to me 4 or 5 times. The first time I tried to get connection again & after about 45 mins. my wife tried and restored the connection in seconds. She has done the same every time since, the last time was just last evening. She does it, from my playbook without adjusting the router in any way. I will ask her to post instructions if anyone is interested. I can't now simply because I don't know exactly what is done.
    02-06-13 08:05 AM
    Have you tried changing the workgroup to a name that is differerent from your computers?
    Playbook has a 'special' feature that is wants to be the 'master' in the network. Changing the workgroup fixes that.
    Worked for me when i had the same problem.
    That's a good tip! Thanks, might explain the occasional drop-out I've been getting with my PB @ home....
    02-06-13 08:43 AM
    Have you tried deleting the connection in your Playbook WiFi management screen, and letting the Playbook 're-discover' your router?
    Yes I have and still won't connect. I've also checked what channel the wireless signals are in my area are on and I'm using one with the least interference (channel 9) and still won't connect. I'll try to factory reset my router now and report back with the result. **Update: Looks like the factory reset hasn't fixed the issue either, unfortunately.**
    Last edited by luqman24; 02-06-13 at 09:32 AM.
    02-06-13 08:59 AM
    try finding a free ip address on your network and temporarily configure the playbook with it and the relevant default gateway, subnet and dns settings. I recently had a similar issue and it turned out it was an IP conflict with another device on the network.
    02-06-13 09:16 AM
    try finding a free ip address on your network and temporarily configure the playbook with it and the relevant default gateway, subnet and dns settings. I recently had a similar issue and it turned out it was an IP conflict with another device on the network.
    I've tried that as well and doesn't seem to have fixed the issue. I'll try to speak to a Playbook rep and see if they can further diagnose this issue as well. Hopefully it gets fixed.
    02-06-13 09:20 AM
    SUCCESS! After 3 times of factory resetting my router and hard resetting my Playbook, it finally connected! Have no idea what was causing this problem but I'm glad it fixed itself, Thank God. Hope this never happens again. And thanks to everyone who tried to help me, I greatly appreciate it.
    02-06-13 10:27 AM