Hello everyone, My first post and need your help. My playbook is stuck in the start up mode. I have left it in this condition for over 1 hour, tried shutting it off, hard reset, but the funny thing is, this morning I turned it on and it started up. Now I am away form my home wifi in a hotel and this started yesterday evening. If anyone has any ideals I would appreciate it. Thanks.
    01-15-14 06:45 PM
    Hey Now... When you say "hard rest" does that mean you held down Both the power button and the volume up button at the same time? If not try that. I hope this helps.
    01-15-14 09:55 PM
    Hey Now... When you say "hard rest" does that mean you held down Both the power button and the volume up button at the same time? If not try that. I hope this helps.
    Still think hard reset requires holding down three buttons at same time: Volime up, volume down and power. It certainly did this at one time. If you get a click and take a picture you have to try again. Anybody got a reference that this has changed?

Also recommend installing Advanced App Manager to check for those sneaky Android apps that may run in the background.
    Last edited by jpash549; 01-15-14 at 11:56 PM.
    01-15-14 11:25 PM
    Inspector6, yes I held down both volume buttons as well the power button. This started yesterday Jan 14 away from my home wifi. I'm staying in a hotel and think that the hotel wifi has something to do with it. I left the hotel with my PlayBook and it started up to the home screen.

And to the other responder, I do have that app installed, but I could not open that app because the PlayBook never gets to the home screen.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 11:44 PM
    If you have saved the hotel network in your wifi list, when you are away from the hotel delete it from your list. Then if your PB will not start up anyplace in the hotel when yyou return call for a priest to perform the necessry ceremonies.
    01-16-14 12:01 AM
    I encountered this over a year ago when on a business trip.
    My fix each time it occured was to turn the PB off and walk outside of the hotel to get out of wifi range. Then turn on the PB, wait for it to boot up, and go back inside to my room.

Don't know why, but for some reason my PB did not like the hotel network and it freeze up like that

Posted via CB10. 10.2.1.1925 with 1259 camera/clock
    01-16-14 07:27 PM