Hi Guys... I Updated My Playbook To OS 2.0.0.7111 Beta... Worked Flawlessly... Nice Interface etc...

I Then Came Across This Article: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/...-Tablet-OS-2-0...

How To Downgrade... Reason I Wanted To Downgrade Was So I Can Use My Email etc... And Also The Official Release For 2.0 Will Be Next Month So I Decided To Wait For The Official Release.... They Said I Should Wait 24 Hours Before Downgrading So I Did... I Waited 2 Days In Fact...

I Did Everything Correctly And While The Desktop Manager Was Downloading My Updates (ie - sys.calender, sys.appworld etc).... It Stopped Half Way Through And Said It Failed To Download The Software Files... Now My Playbook Restarted Itself And Its Stock On "Blackberry Playbook" And It Doesnt Load The OS Itself.. I Cant Even Switch It Off... When I Hold The Power Button Down It Wont Switch Off... However When I Tap It Once It Goes Into Standby....

PLEASE HELP!... Would Really Like To Get It Back Up And Running....
    01-26-12 05:21 PM
    Firstly I think the title of your post should include the word BETA, and not Software, as that is in fact what you loaded - a Developer's Beta. Also, it should be posted in the Playbook OS forum, methinks. Weird post with a Cap On Each Word...

Good luck with that.
    01-26-12 05:29 PM
    Just keep holding down the power button until the red led lights up, don't worry it will. Then go through the de-bricking procedure. Power off plug in to pc re install. It will work.
    -Roach- likes this.
    01-26-12 05:32 PM
    Hold the power button down for 8-10 seconds until the playbook powers off. Then start the Blackberry Desktop Manager and plug in the turned off Playbook. The Desktop Manager program will ask if you want to wait until the tablet boots or to repair/update, choose repair/update.

This is referred to the debrick method. I tried the URL you referred and it was a dead link. Your description sounds like you were doing some other method, perhaps one for removing an Android Player from a couple OS versions ago.

Here is the proper url for downgrading.

Downgrading From Tablet OS 2.0 Beta to the Current... - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    bbfan1040 and -Roach- like this.
    01-26-12 05:33 PM
    Lol, I hadn't noticed the caps on every word until you said something. That seemed like alot of effort.
    01-26-12 05:36 PM
    BTW, I am also downgrading as I post this. I am on a Mac and it seems to be going pretty quick, but Desktop Manager may still have a copy of OS 1.08 on the computer from the last upgrade and may not need to download it again.

Rebooting now as I post this. That was quick, probably less than five minute. Just at the setup screen where I pick the language.

After the BBID login it downloaded another 33mb and I am back to 1.08.
    Last edited by robsteve; 01-26-12 at 05:41 PM.
    01-26-12 05:37 PM
    Thanks For Your Help Guys... Currently Updating Again... Hope Everything Goes Well This Time...
    01-26-12 05:41 PM
    So many threads are started by newbie first posters running beta. It is a Beta for developers not for the general public. If you use the OS that is currently being supported you would not have so many problems. Just my opinion. Sorry for the rant.
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    01-26-12 05:46 PM
    Hmm... This Time It Actually Downloaded And Installed Everything... And Just At The End It Said There Was An Error...
    01-26-12 05:49 PM

This Is What Im Getting...
    01-26-12 06:04 PM
    That's exactly what happens, even on a debrick. Just unplug it, everything is fine.

FYI its called a DEVELOPER BETA for a reason. Just go back to 1.0.8 and quit messing with it. 2.0 is due out in a couple weeks.

EDIT:
    Seeing as all your words are in caps, I'm going to assume you are using your PB to make the post using the new keyboard, cause that's how it does it if you press the space bar after selecting a word.
    Last edited by homer1475; 01-26-12 at 06:12 PM.
    01-26-12 06:09 PM
    So many threads are started by newbie first posters running beta. It is a Beta for developers not for the general public. If you use the OS that is currently being supported you would not have so many problems. Just my opinion. Sorry for the rant.
    That's right....when will they ever learn?
    01-26-12 06:10 PM
    That's exactly what happens, even on a debrick. Just unplug it, everything is fine.

FYI its called a DEVELOPER BETA for a reason. Just go back to 1.0.8 and quit messing with it. 2.0 is due out in a couple weeks.

EDIT:
    Seeing as all your words are in caps, I'm going to assume you are using your PB to make the post using the new keyboard, cause that's how it does it if you press the space bar after selecting a word.
    Playbook Restarted And Hasnt Been Able To Boot Yet... Stuck On The Blackberry Playbook With The Colorful Circles Still... No Luck...
    01-26-12 07:18 PM
    Ever wonder why its called a BETA?

Here let me put that again for you
    BETA
    BETA
    BETA
    BETA
    BETA
    BETA

For christ sake put 1.0.8 on it and leave it alone.

n00bs never learn do they?
    01-26-12 07:21 PM
    For christ sake put 1.0.8 on it and leave it alone.
    HOW?.... I Did The Debrick Method And It Didnt Work....
    01-26-12 08:25 PM
    Try 3 button reset.
    If that doesn't work try same process you did again.

I really enjoy testing with betas BUT -
    I have spent hours finding solutions to beta created challenges. And, I enjoyed the challenges! Lots of patience & knowledge & experience is required!
    Good luck.
    01-26-12 10:13 PM
    Make sure to fully charge it. At what stage is it stalling? It does the update via DM and then....? Generally, I THINK it still needs to do the wifi step to grab a last piece of the OS.

You may also want to call Rim. I think that they help people who are trying to UNDO the beta.

Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    Email: [email protected]
    (UK Support) 0800 096 2805
    01-26-12 10:15 PM
    Thanks Guys... Ive Been Charging It For 4 Hours... Its Now At 100% Charge... (Green LED When Plugged Into The Wall).... Im Trying This Process....

Plug it in using the original ac charger and leave it alone for about 2-4 hours.

Then try to simply power it on.

If that fails: Then press and hold the power button for 10-15 seconds. There may be the red led followed by nothing for another 10-15 seconds.

If that fails:

To REBOOT:
    Press and HOLD all three keys for about 10 - 20 seconds: PowerOn, VolUp and VolDown. Start with the PowerButton. If you hear a shutter type sound, you've taken a Screen Shoot and probably missed the PowerButton.

Try the Debrick method....

1) Turn your playbook OFF by holding down the power button
    2) Let your playbook sit for about 10 minutes as earlier suggested.
    3) After letting the PB sit (and still powered off) open up the Blackberry Desktop Software (the latest version)
    4) Once the Blackberry Desktop Software is opened, use the USB Cable and hook the PB to the PC.. THEN power on the Playbook
    5) A screen will show on your computer showing that the device cannot be found
    6) Click on Update. It will take awhile

@F2.. After I Open DM It Downloads And Installs Everything... Just At The End Of The Installation I Get That Message (The Pic I Uploaded Above)....
    01-27-12 02:42 AM

^As You Can See... Everything Runs Smoothly... But Then Just At The Very End....

^This Comes Up..
    01-27-12 02:56 AM
    What do you have on the PB screen when the "There was an error ..." message displays on your computer ?

I'll try to unplug the PB and plug it back without any further manipulation.

Question : did you activated the developer mode (to sideload android apps) prior to downgrade (warning : this is NOT an advice or something to do, just a question) ?
    01-27-12 03:31 AM
    Nope... Never Sideloaded Any Android Apps And I Never Messed With Development Mode... Was Never Turned On...

Only Thing I Did Was Install OS 2.0 2 Days Ago And Did The Downgrade Process... Since Then I Have Not Been Able To Boot The Playbook... Its Stuck On The Colorful Circles Screen... I Booted It Over 1/2 Hour Now And Its Still Here...

I Tried Loader.exe And It Said Need To Update My Software via DM... Lol... Nothing Works...
    01-27-12 03:38 AM
    I think it's time for you to call RIM's assistance (F2 post).
    This is curious ++ that the debrick method does not work.

If you want to handle this by yourself, some personal reflexions :
    Maybe you could take advantage of coming back to the last stable state you were (i.e OS2 beta 2.0.0.711) by registering again into beta zone and (after -say- 1/2 hour) try the debrick again (should reinstall the beta).
    Then, wait a bit (24H +) and try to make the downgrade again ... or not, waiting for the official OS2 release.

hope it helps.
    01-27-12 05:09 AM
    Thanks Bro... I'll Try That Today....
    01-27-12 05:18 AM
    You may have a hardware problem. If you try the suggestions below and it doesn't solve it, call support.

Make sure you are connected to a main USB port of the computer, not a hub and a rear port rather than a front port.

Try using a different USB cable.

If you haven't done it already, try rebooting your computer. There may be a corrupted PlayBook OS file on your pc.

If you can, try the update using a different PC.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-27-12 05:36 AM
    Download ccleaner and run it also.
    01-27-12 06:32 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD