Hi. I Ave BlackBerry pb and bb ten phone. How to move big files between the two with out a computer.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-19 04:43 AM
    Hi. I Ave BlackBerry pb and bb ten phone. How to move big files between the two with out a computer.

Posted via CB10
    Files can be moved from one to the other using a LAN file transfer app/utility called Dukto. Large files are very slow to transfer but it can be done. Unfortunately, it it very difficult to find the Dukto app for the PlayBook but I have a copy. Look in BBW for the BB10 version and put that on your BB10 device. If you cannot find the PlayBook app I can email it to you if you PM me to give me an email address. There are probably other apps that will do the same and maybe others can chime in here with wifi transfer sharing methods.
    mh1983 likes this.
    06-07-19 07:27 AM
    Files can be moved from one to the other using a LAN file transfer app/utility called Dukto. Large files are very slow to transfer but it can be done. Unfortunately, it it very difficult to find the Dukto app for the PlayBook but I have a copy. Look in BBW for the BB10 version and put that on your BB10 device. If you cannot find the PlayBook app I can email it to you if you PM me to give me an email address. There are probably other apps that will do the same and maybe others can chime in here with wifi transfer sharing methods.
    Yeah I never got why the LAN transfer speeds were so slow on the PlayBook.... generally I was moving files between a PC and the PlayBook, without any app.

It's been so long... but was there a file size limit with BlackBerry Bridge?
    06-07-19 07:51 AM
    It's been so long... but was there a file size limit with BlackBerry Bridge?
    I really don't know -- never actually used Bridge since I never had a BB phone at that time. Dukto works great for small files and it will work for any size but I remember transferring video files (500 Mb or so) and it would take about 10 minutes or more. It's slow just because of the hardware limitation (ancient afterall). Bluetooth, of course, is out of the question since the BT module is primitive in the PlayBook.
    06-07-19 08:11 AM

Posted via CB10
    Just use the built-in smb file sharing feature that already exists in the Playbook and in the BB10 device. An app like GhostCommander will allow you to push or pull the files between the Playbook and BB10 device if they are both on the same wifi.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    06-07-19 12:13 PM
    On the BB10 device:
    > Settings
    > Storage and Access
    > Access Using Wifi

Same sort of idea on the Playbook side.

In GhostCommander, go to Windows/SMB/FileShare in one of the panels. You'll need to know the IP address of the other device and also use the appropriate Username and Password.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    brookie229 likes this.
    06-07-19 12:19 PM
    Nice one. I wil be using the app to see if it works. Just need ok speeds no future technologies. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-19 03:54 AM
    On my commander I have fields but there's no such thing as sfs or simple file sharing. it its all got is domain and some under fields like username and password. That's when choosing windows from the menu.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-19 07:07 AM
    On my commander I have fields but there's no such thing as sfs or simple file sharing. it its all got is domain and some under fields like username and password. That's when choosing windows from the menu.

Posted via CB10
    Do you mean on the BB10 device or on the Playbook?

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    06-08-19 07:03 PM
    On the BB10 device, open GhostCommander. Then pick the left or the right panel and select "Windows Share". Then enter the Playbook's IP address in the Server field, and the username as defined in the Playbook's wifi access setup. Ignore Domain.
    06-08-19 07:06 PM