Hi. I Ave BlackBerry pb and bb ten phone. How to move big files between the two with out a computer.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-19 04:43 AM
    Hi. I Ave BlackBerry pb and bb ten phone. How to move big files between the two with out a computer.

Posted via CB10
    Files can be moved from one to the other using a LAN file transfer app/utility called Dukto. Large files are very slow to transfer but it can be done. Unfortunately, it it very difficult to find the Dukto app for the PlayBook but I have a copy. Look in BBW for the BB10 version and put that on your BB10 device. If you cannot find the PlayBook app I can email it to you if you PM me to give me an email address. There are probably other apps that will do the same and maybe others can chime in here with wifi transfer sharing methods.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    06-07-19 07:27 AM
    Files can be moved from one to the other using a LAN file transfer app/utility called Dukto. Large files are very slow to transfer but it can be done. Unfortunately, it it very difficult to find the Dukto app for the PlayBook but I have a copy. Look in BBW for the BB10 version and put that on your BB10 device. If you cannot find the PlayBook app I can email it to you if you PM me to give me an email address. There are probably other apps that will do the same and maybe others can chime in here with wifi transfer sharing methods.
    Yeah I never got why the LAN transfer speeds were so slow on the PlayBook.... generally I was moving files between a PC and the PlayBook, without any app.

It's been so long... but was there a file size limit with BlackBerry Bridge?
    06-07-19 07:51 AM
    It's been so long... but was there a file size limit with BlackBerry Bridge?
    I really don't know -- never actually used Bridge since I never had a BB phone at that time. Dukto works great for small files and it will work for any size but I remember transferring video files (500 Mb or so) and it would take about 10 minutes or more. It's slow just because of the hardware limitation (ancient afterall). Bluetooth, of course, is out of the question since the BT module is primitive in the PlayBook.
    06-07-19 08:11 AM

Posted via CB10
    Just use the built-in smb file sharing feature that already exists in the Playbook and in the BB10 device. An app like GhostCommander will allow you to push or pull the files between the Playbook and BB10 device if they are both on the same wifi.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    06-07-19 12:13 PM
    On the BB10 device:
    > Settings
    > Storage and Access
    > Access Using Wifi

Same sort of idea on the Playbook side.

In GhostCommander, go to Windows/SMB/FileShare in one of the panels. You'll need to know the IP address of the other device and also use the appropriate Username and Password.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    brookie229 likes this.
    06-07-19 12:19 PM
    Nice one. I wil be using the app to see if it works. Just need ok speeds no future technologies. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-19 03:54 AM
    On my commander I have fields but there's no such thing as sfs or simple file sharing. it its all got is domain and some under fields like username and password. That's when choosing windows from the menu.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-19 07:07 AM
    On my commander I have fields but there's no such thing as sfs or simple file sharing. it its all got is domain and some under fields like username and password. That's when choosing windows from the menu.

Posted via CB10
    Do you mean on the BB10 device or on the Playbook?

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    06-08-19 07:03 PM
    On the BB10 device, open GhostCommander. Then pick the left or the right panel and select "Windows Share". Then enter the Playbook's IP address in the Server field, and the username as defined in the Playbook's wifi access setup. Ignore Domain.
    06-08-19 07:06 PM
    On the BB10 device:
    > Settings
    > Storage and Access
    > Access Using Wifi

Same sort of idea on the Playbook side.

In GhostCommander, go to Windows/SMB/FileShare in one of the panels. You'll need to know the IP address of the other device and also use the appropriate Username and Password.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    By username do you mean the WiFi and also the password?

Posted via CB10
    06-20-19 04:45 PM
    On the BB10 device, open GhostCommander. Then pick the left or the right panel and select "Windows Share". Then enter the Playbook's IP address in the Server field, and the username as defined in the Playbook's wifi access setup. Ignore Domain.
    OK. On the PlayBook after filling in the fields it finds the smartphone but when I try to select either the SD card or the main hard drive it just keeps asking for an username and password repeatedly. And when I try to retype it again it just does nothing. Just sits there.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-19 04:57 PM
    OK. On the PlayBook after filling in the fields it finds the smartphone but when I try to select either the SD card or the main hard drive it just keeps asking for an username and password repeatedly. And when I try to retype it again it just does nothing. Just sits there.

Posted via CB10
    If you cannot get connected this way I can send you the Dukto .bar by email but you will have to PM me with a email address. Much easier provided that you know how to sideload an app.
    06-20-19 05:08 PM

Posted via CB10
    No, not wifi username and password. Use the username and password that you setup when you turned on the "access by wifi" in the device settings.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    06-20-19 05:16 PM

Posted via CB10
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1172238

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    06-20-19 05:17 PM
    Worked. I have kept typing in a wrong password. If someone like me tells you something just doesn't work for him despite it works for everyone else don't even b other.

Other than that this Wi-Fi sharing is painfully slow 165 kb/s.
    06-20-19 05:50 PM
    Other than that this Wi-Fi sharing is painfully slow 165 kb/s.
    Yes, it's ok for small text,pdf,jpeg etc but brutal for anything large.
    06-20-19 05:52 PM
    Yes. Just tried to move a dozen of epub Sci fi books and other literature. Just took me 15 minutes.
    06-20-19 05:59 PM
    ...Other than that this Wi-Fi sharing is painfully slow 165 kb/s.
    It's probably actually GhostCommander that's making it slow. When I do it from a desktop share to a BB10 device or to a Playbook it is rather fast. You can also try other file managers. There are at least a few that are decent and some that are a lot more GUI friendly than GhostCommander.

As indicated in the other post, it's not for everyone. Lots of people prefer to just use apps like Duko. I prefer using the built in file sharing. Less reliance on third-parties (kind of).

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    06-20-19 08:48 PM
    Well, there's a ting called es Explorer. A file manager utility available for the PlayBook but it's now missing from bb world for both the PlayBook and the bb10.

People say it worked pretty well for them. But since no longer there a person has to ask around the forum to see if somebody here still has a copy.

I guess Dukto will work fine once I get around the initial set up on the PlayBook. Thankfully won't have to convert it.
    06-21-19 02:12 AM
    Well, there's a ting called es Explorer....
    Yes, that one is relatively nice. I am sure someone in here has a .bar file for it. It used to also be available from the GoodEReader site.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    06-21-19 04:38 AM
    Yes, good e-reader looks good from what I have seen so far.

I have something else to ask for here. After spending considerable time I managed to install that Dukto bar on the tablet. That thing sachesi was giving me all sorts of problems.

If someone can explain to me how to connect the two devices in order to move small files over the radio will be nice.

On both the PlayBook and the bb10 I can't get past the initial setup. I mean I don't have a clue what to do.
    06-21-19 05:01 AM
    I don't have dukto installed anymore, but I think @brookie229 might be able to help.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    06-21-19 07:09 PM
    I don't have dukto installed anymore, but I think @brookie229 might be able to help.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    Not sure what Stoyanov has done but the process is extremely simple. Install Dukto on Windows, BB10, Linux, Android, iOS etc then install Dukto on PlayBook (you have to sideload it), open each app or program. on the device WITH the files you want to transfer tap the type of file you want, search, find and select then tap transfer. You will notice on the other device (PlayBook, for instance), the file transfer bar moves across the app until done. It's VERY simple. No ip address settings or anything to monkey with.
    06-21-19 08:36 PM
    I will try doing it later on today!

Posted via CB10
    06-22-19 03:42 AM
29 12