1. jstevens34's Avatar
    I have wifi in my house. All my computers are working on it. Trying to connect with my PB and I get a message:

    This configuration has been disabled

    Unable to aquired an IP address. Verify saved networksecurity settings.

    Not sure what to do....

    I have enable profile chkd
    I have Auto obtain IP address chkd.

    Any ideas?
    01-14-12 10:13 AM
  2. CanadianThomas's Avatar
    are you using the wps mode of the router? I have found the playbook doesnt seem to like it very much. might try switching the router over the a wpa2 encryption. i have no problems this way.
    01-14-12 10:25 AM
  3. joelled's Avatar
    they told me that you have to go "saved networks" in the Wifi section then press the little pencil on that page, then press the trashcan beside the network you are having problems with hence deleting it. turn off your playbook afterwards.
    Then go to your router and select either the b, g or n bandwith then try to reconnect to the network on your playbook. I was told that the playbook does not do well with wifi sources that alternate between the b g or n bandwith and we should try just using one.

    I hope this helps.
    01-14-12 10:35 AM
  4. jstevens34's Avatar
    Ok thanks, but I don't have option to choose band on router...I have a zyxel router with a comcast modem. Do I need new router?
    01-14-12 11:18 AM
  5. Yadadi's Avatar
    I'm having the same issue. I connect fine for a while and then either have to reboot the playbook (generally works) or reboot the router (always works). Setting the router to "g only" or "n only" doesn't seem to help.

    I'm not inclined to think the issue is with the router because my 9850, my laptop and my wife's iPad all connect fine without this disconnect issue. The router is a D-Link DIR-615 with the latest firmware installed.

    I'm running 1.0.8.6067. I was running the 2.0 beta a few weeks ago and I saw the same issue.

    Any ideas?
    01-15-12 10:16 AM
  6. BrizzadMan's Avatar
    I also have the DIR-615 (REV C) and have had problems connecting my PB to my router. Sometimes it would retrieve an IP, whilst other times not. I logged into the router and check the firmware status - the check for updates button exclaimed it was CURRENT! (Firmware 3.12NA 3/08/2010).

    However visiting the site and checking the available firmware I found there was actually a more current version:

    Firmware 3.13NA 9/30/2010
    Revision Info: Fixed Blackberry RIM connectivity issue. Support DLink DNSSEC Spec.
    Add SMTP Server Port.

    There is no further information, RE: "BlackBerry RIM connectivity issue" in their release information, though I did update to this version. I still found I had problems with both my PB & my BB9900 (have always had intermitent problems with my 9700 and now my 9900 and this router).

    I saw in another post someone reccommended like in this post, to change the router config so it is B/G rather than B/G/N, so we'll see if that helps (although you mention you saw no improvement?). I'd make sure you check your firmware version again, to see if you are using 3.13NA which apparently 'fixes' the BB RIM connectivity issue.

    Another post with someone and a DIR-615 someone mentioned changing the "CIPHER TYPE" from AES to TKIP, as they had problems with sessions dropping when it was AES. So if my recent change of mixed B/G from B/G/N, does not help, that is my next approach.
    Last edited by BrizzadMan; 01-20-12 at 02:36 PM. Reason: type-o's
    Yadadi likes this.
    01-20-12 02:35 PM
  7. Yadadi's Avatar
    BrizzadMan, Thanks. I will upgrade to go get the latest firmware since the update feature within the router doesn't appear to be working. I'm actually on Hardware Version: C1 Firmware Version: 3.11NA, so I'm petty out-of-date even though the update feature made me think I wasn't.

    All that being said, I think I've made changes that have significantly helped the situation. The problem appears to have gone away after made two changes. One, I went to G mode only. That didn't help before so the second one is what I really think did it. I turned off "enable auto channel scan" and just selected a fixed wireless channel.

    I may actually hold off on the firmware update since I've managed to find something that works. Hope this helps you as well.
    01-22-12 12:44 PM
  8. robtanz's Avatar
    My DLINK(DIR-628) playbook/router problem was fixed by changing the band type in the playbook network settings from Dual to 2.4 GHz.
    01-22-12 01:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD