I just purchase the playbook on blackfriday , and when i start it ,it upgrade automatically , and i follow the steps on this website to download DDPB and installed Android player , but when i want to start it , it is not going to start , close automatically by itself ? how should i fix this problem !?? please someone help me , most of my favourite app is APK, Android format ! I am about to cry out !!
    12-02-11 10:32 PM
    welcome to the forum, please use search next time (its jus a lil up and to the right)

http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...2942-a-642286/
    12-02-11 10:37 PM
    Do a search in the PB OS section.
    For your need you must install the OS 2 beta

You can not install the Android apps using the current OS 1.
    12-02-11 10:41 PM
    so what should i do to run the APK app ? can i downgrade to 1.0.7 ? or any way i can run the Android App into my play book ?? please help ! thank you very much !
    12-02-11 10:42 PM
    I think you need 2.0 to run the android player. I was using 2.0 but it was a little too buggy for me while it in in beta so i back to 1.0 and as happy as can be
    jvictor77 likes this.
    12-02-11 10:50 PM
    You can use the 2.0 beta to use your android apps, there are drawbacks however so read up and see if that is right for you. Personally, after trying the beta I decided to wait till the official release in feb. I am satisfied with the current build as I got this beast for the free mobile internet tethering via bridge. Zillions of apps is just a perk to me, I want em of course but its not a big deal to me. If you are really itching for that crap now though then the bridge work around wont bother you too much in the beta. Do some reading and give it a shot. Welcome to crackberry btw.
    Last edited by NursingNinja; 12-02-11 at 10:55 PM.
    12-02-11 10:53 PM
    No
    it is not possible to downgrade like a bb phone

The only way is to to install android is to install the OS2 beta
    12-02-11 10:55 PM
    No
    it is not possible to downgrade like a bb phone

The only way is to to install android is to install the OS2 beta
    actually its not that its impossible to downgrade the playbook os its just very complicated.But it is possible and has been done by myself and some others.
    12-02-11 11:30 PM
    That's why i wait until it gets released knowing myself i would get really and flip out lol
    12-03-11 12:15 AM
    actually its not that its impossible to downgrade the playbook os its just very complicated.But it is possible and has been done by myself and some others.
    So I must be ********. I've tried searching the forums on how to downgrade my os for the playbook and haven't really found an answer. If you don't mind can you point me in the right direction or tell me how to do it. I found bits and pieces on how its done but I'm still just not 100% sure on it.
    12-05-11 04:18 PM
    So I must be ********. I've tried searching the forums on how to downgrade my os for the playbook and haven't really found an answer. If you don't mind can you point me in the right direction or tell me how to do it. I found bits and pieces on how its done but I'm still just not 100% sure on it.
    like said its complicated...but not impossible and just because your having a hard time figuring it out does not make you a ******.Here is something to help motivate you to try again.
    12-05-11 06:50 PM
    like said its complicated...but not impossible and just because your having a hard time figuring it out does not make you a ******.Here is something to help motivate you to try again.
    Ok I am motivated. I've searched high and low without success.
    That screen shot you posted is exactly what I would like to see so that I can downgrade from 1.0.8.6067 to 1.0.8.4985?

I could also try to setup my own personal server to spoof BBDM and send 4985 to it. Does anyone have a copy of the 4985 image available?

Thx,
    TekMason
    12-29-11 10:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD