Help required please, my lovely new 64gb playbook has decided to garble up certain web pages. Only happened over the past couple of days but extremely annoying. Do i just return it to the store ?
    09-09-12 04:46 AM
    Telling us which web pages might help. Posting a screenshot might also help (press Vol up and Vol down buttons at the same time).
    malcymalc likes this.
    09-09-12 04:53 AM
    Clear your Browsing History, Cookies and other data: Browser -> Options

Make sure Flash & Javascript is enabled

If that won't work: Try a Reboot: HOLD [POWER] + [VOLUME UP] + [VOLUME DOWN]
    madman0141 and malcymalc like this.
    09-09-12 06:19 AM
    That's one of the symptoms for flushing data in the browser. Another one is when the browser just stops loading pages or is taking longer than usual. I have no idea why it degrades like that.

So the quick fix, as suggested above, is to clear data.

I usually start clearing the cache. If that doesn't work, I clear data. If issues persist, I do a clear all and restart the browser, which is pretty fast to do.
    malcymalc likes this.
    09-09-12 10:55 AM
    09-09-12 02:38 PM
    struggling to attach a screenshot - can anyone point me in the right direction doh!
    09-09-12 02:49 PM
    struggling to attach a screenshot - can anyone point me in the right direction doh!
    Use the "Paperclip" icon above the YouTube icon, in your message window. Then, in the new tab, Choose File, then choose Upload. Return to this tab and choose submit reply.

I hope that helps.
    malcymalc likes this.
    09-09-12 02:56 PM
    Click "Manage Attachments", then in the window that pops up, click "Choose", navigate to your pic and then click "OK", then click "Upload".
    malcymalc likes this.
    09-09-12 02:59 PM
    Sometimes I forgot to turn wifi back on so my playbook automatically bridges. The slower Internet has the tendency to mess some pages up, at least in my case.
    malcymalc likes this.
    09-09-12 03:10 PM
    Do what Joren says that will fix it.
    malcymalc likes this.
    09-09-12 03:20 PM
    this is what I get when I hit the paperclip icon (double doh !)

404 Not Found

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

nginx
    09-09-12 03:32 PM
    Clear your Browsing History, Cookies and other data: Browser -> Options

Make sure Flash & Javascript is enabled

If that won't work: Try a Reboot: HOLD [POWER] + [VOLUME UP] + [VOLUME DOWN]
    tried all this - no success I'm afraid
    09-09-12 03:52 PM
    What web pages are you having problems with?
    malcymalc likes this.
    09-09-12 04:10 PM
    all of BBC news , Hotukdeals Homepage
    09-09-12 04:20 PM
    Here's how it should look. Maybe try turning flash and java OFF and see if that makes a difference. If it doesn't, try installing Simple Browser from app world and see if it renders the pages correctly.
    malcymalc likes this.
    09-09-12 05:02 PM
    apologies to all for my incompetence turns out the font settings were way too large to display correctly . fool of the week award goes to yours truly.
    09-10-12 06:34 AM
    Not foolish at all. If you learned from it, that is all that matters.
    malcymalc likes this.
    09-10-12 07:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD