Is there a way to play my media in my z10 on the playbook I picked up yesterday? I have bridge setup but it only shows text and Bbm? I thought bridge could show missed calls too?

I have a trip this weekend and just bought a few movies from the . 99 sale

Thanks, Nick

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 07:23 AM
    Sorry but no you will not be able to play those movies on your Z10 and have it displayed on the PlayBook. And you won't be able to move the files to you PlayBook to view them because of the copy protection and the PlayBook not having access to the same store to unlock the films.

Apple has nothing on BlackBerry when it comes to a restrictive ecosystem - at least when it comes to the movies.
    06-05-14 09:18 AM
    Damn. Ok so I didn't even see a video store or a video section in the blackberry world.

So how are people using this as a media consumption device as I've read through these threads? Do I have to purchase through another source. Can I download my VUDU ultraviolet movies?

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 09:30 AM
    What country are you located? If US, there is a Video Store icon that you can buy some of the same titles for 99 cents. Because the two stores are different, e.g. BB World for BB10 and Video Store for PlayBook, the purchases are separate. It appears that you can access the Vudu stuff using Origami browser (d/l from BBRY World on PlayBook) in desktop mode:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...rowser-832573/

Crackle.com and Amazon Prime also work from the browser.

Also, I have some movies in .divx format and use Kalemsoft Player (paid app in BBRY World).

Speakers are very good on the PlayBook. You will enjoy it.
    06-05-14 11:55 AM
    To open files, pictures, and music from your Z10 on your PlayBook, select the file/song/picture and then tap share, then Open on PlayBook.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 12:28 PM
    Search on here for showbox!! Android port

Posted via CB10
    anon(5597702) and Carl Estes like this.
    06-05-14 02:16 PM
    To open files, pictures, and music from your Z10 on your PlayBook, select the file/song/picture and then tap share, then Open on PlayBook.

Posted via CB10
    Wow. So sad. When bridged, there is a "play on" feature when playing a movie on BB10 (Z30) but the PlayBook isn't listed as a device. Yeah, pics, music, and videos made on the BB10 device play as scrapmetal58 says. Hope they keep updating Bridge.
    06-05-14 08:06 PM
    No video store link. In us. Latest software. Arghhhhh. Wtf. I just want to give them more money so I can buy a movie or two. I even downloaded the bar file and it won't do a thing

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 10:33 PM
    No video store link. In us. Latest software. Arghhhhh. Wtf. I just want to give them more money so I can buy a movie or two. I even downloaded the bar file and it won't do a thing

Posted via CB10
    Did you sideload it? It opens for me, but I'm in Canada, so I can't sign up.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 11:58 PM