I have just got my son a blackberry playbook and we are use to using google play, I assumed that the blackberry would have most the apps would be on this tablet but they aren't is there anyway I can access google play from the playbook?
    04-30-14 08:41 AM
    I have just got my son a blackberry playbook and we are use to using google play, I assumed that the blackberry would have most the apps would be on this tablet but they aren't is there anyway I can access google play from the playbook?
    NO - you bought a device designed for a different platform. Not sure how you even found the PlayBook... but a few minutes of research can go a long way.

You can sideload "some" older Android Apps (think Android 2.3). Search for "Sideloading" and "APK to BAR" here or on Google. One issue you will have now is BB10 has also used Sideloading and APK to BAR files... but it has a newer runtime so many more of those apps will work on it. Makes it more difficult to keep up with what works on the PlayBook and what doesn't.
    mh1983, kbz1960 and Carl Estes like this.
    04-30-14 09:08 AM
    If you and your son are looking for "Google Play", you bought a wrong tablet...

Although BlackBerry PlayBook can play some Android games and apps, they are limited and mostly are not even up to date version not to mention the need to perform side loading... for a few bucks more, you should make your life easier...

Posted via CB10
    04-30-14 09:42 PM
    There are tons of quality Apps & Games for the PlayBook, see these lists for details of the PlayBook greatest ever!

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=920667

PlayBook UK BBM Channel C001CB4A1
    05-01-14 05:09 AM
    There are tons of quality Apps & Games for the PlayBook, see these lists for details of the PlayBook greatest ever!

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=920667

Way to make my point.... Most of those apps are not games.

OP there are games available in the PlayBook App Store and there are sites that have BAR files so you can load older Android games.

But the latest games are not going to work. Nor will most of the ones that do work, allow for network play.

I guess it just depends on what your son expected.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-01-14 07:21 AM
    Way to make my point.... Most of those apps are not games.

OP there are games available in the PlayBook App Store and there are sites that have BAR files so you can load older Android games.

But the latest games are not going to work. Nor will most of the ones that do work, allow for network play.

I guess it just depends on what your son expected.

Posted via CB10
    There is 50 top PlayBook games listed, over 40 Native. They are the ones listed PlayBook Gold and Playbook Silver Games. Enjoy!

05-01-14 08:07 AM
    There is 50 top PlayBook games listed, over 40 Native. They are the ones listed PlayBook Gold and Playbook Silver Games. Enjoy!
    I hope the OP checks them all out and that his son can find them useful. No disrespect, but as I said this helps to make my point. Look at those games and compare them to what games are popular on other devices....

No matter his sons age... the Major Quality Apps of today will be hard to find on the PlayBook.
    05-01-14 09:59 AM