I just bought the blackberry playbook and trying to set up the device, and just connected it to the wifi but not its saying:

'could not activate this tablet (3001) please try changing your setting'

i can't seem to get past this part of the set up

any help would be much appreciated as i just want to get the thing up and running!

01-03-12 10:40 AM
    Did you try restarting it? If that didn't help try connecting it to your computer through BlackBerry Desktop Manager
    01-03-12 10:45 AM
    If bounce007's solution doesn't work call RIM Tech support it's free for the first 90 days and they have been known to go past the 90 days. Those guys really know what they are doing, they help me get setup on my PB. I only needed help because I'm running Windows Vista on my PC. I know, I know Vista is garbage, I just haven't had the time or money to upgrade.
    01-03-12 11:41 AM
    I just bought the blackberry playbook and trying to set up the device, and just connected it to the wifi but not its saying:

'could not activate this tablet (3001) please try changing your setting'

i can't seem to get past this part of the set up

any help would be much appreciated as i just want to get the thing up and running!

Make sure you select the correct region/location when you try the setup again. Ex: If you are in the US make sure Canada is not selected by error, or vice versa.
    01-03-12 11:45 AM
    ...I'm running Windows Vista on my PC. I know, I know Vista is garbage, I just haven't had the time or money to upgrade.
    I know what you mean; times aren't easy. You'll get your new computer one day though. Keep the faith and all the best to the OP in trying to resolve this issue
    01-03-12 05:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD