Hello,
    I've bought yesterdaya blackberry playbook from somebody on the internet. The pb seems to be in great shape, almost like new.
    But i can't manage it..
    I upgraded the software to os 2.1.0.1526, and is full of bugs.

1. My wifi works great on ipad, but on this pb works 10-15 minutes, and after that i need to restart pb in order to use it again.
    2. Trough usb cable i cannot charge my playbook, it doesn't work.
    3. I accidentaly drag files icon around the clock area, and the icon dissapeared, i cannot find it anymore
    4. Mass Storage does not appear always..
    5. Also when i connect to development mode, my playbook connects very well, but when i disconnect it and try again, it doesnt work anymore.. Also, i cannot install any .bar files.

I think that this OS has some serious problems, and my usb cable is not the problem, i double checked it with my BB 9320 cable.

Can i fix this? Thanks!!
    02-16-13 06:39 AM
    Hi, and welcome to the forums mxm01!

1. That will be to do with your router. I used to have the same problem on my old Thomson router and it would loose the connection as said. I changed my router to a Belkin, and now It never looses the connection.
    2. PlayBooks have never been able to do that for some reason unlike the phones. But you should have got a plug-in charger anyway.
    3. I don't even know what you mean by that.
    4. For a PlayBook or any BlackBerry device to appear on a computer whether just as mass storage or not, you need BlackBerry Device Manager. Which used to be a seperate peice of software, but now I think it comes with the Desktop Manager.
    5. To install .bar files you need the chrome extension. Read this article for help on how to install .bar files AKA sideload - Sideloading made easy with the PlayBook App Manager Browser Plugin | CrackBerry.com

Hope I helped!
    02-16-13 08:57 AM
    Hello,
    I've bought yesterdaya blackberry playbook from somebody on the internet. The pb seems to be in great shape, almost like new.
    But i can't manage it..
    I upgraded the software to os 2.1.0.1526, and is full of bugs.

1. My wifi works great on ipad, but on this pb works 10-15 minutes, and after that i need to restart pb in order to use it again.
    2. Trough usb cable i cannot charge my playbook, it doesn't work.
    3. I accidentaly drag files icon around the clock area, and the icon dissapeared, i cannot find it anymore
    4. Mass Storage does not appear always..
    5. Also when i connect to development mode, my playbook connects very well, but when i disconnect it and try again, it doesnt work anymore.. Also, i cannot install any .bar files.

I think that this OS has some serious problems, and my usb cable is not the problem, i double checked it with my BB 9320 cable.

Can i fix this? Thanks!!
    1). if your acess router is set up for wireless 802.11b,g, and n...and not on an optimal channel or band.. this will happen to u alot. set ur router to g/n or if u have high speed broad band and devices, set it up for n only..on a 40mhrtz channel. ( I did 6 hours of testing this theory yesterday. on a better chnnel my playbook maxed out at wireless g/n speeds, topped at 65Mbps. lol before I was only getting 54kbps..basiclly a b/g speed. much better now tho. and doesn't drop out amymore)

2) usb charging requires a minimal 2amps output for the charger and no usb data cable will charge it.. Always use blackberry oem ac adapter for usb. I recommend the rapid charger for the magnetic port. I use a rapid charging dock most of the time, charhes 5 times faster...and as far a using the usb to connect to pc...its pointless. you can wirelessly connect to anny pc easily. (if u wanna know how lemme know..)

3) if it was an app its most likey backed up in blackberry world, just re install. if its a doc or files you created or downloaded, i'd say the easiest way to search is to wifi sync up with your pc, the from you pc you can search through the files faster and more efficiently.

4) mass storage??

5) here's what I learned. windows sees the playbook as a separate network, even if its directly connected to usb. pb is a unix based os and has very strict security as to guard the playbooks root file system. what worked for me was. ..in pc go to device manager, disable the rim smartphone dive, but leave the rim network adapter device enbled. the trick is you can have both of them enabled... they'll conflict. I don't think I even had to turn on developer mode after that. I dunno I'm running windows 7. my ibm laptop I just salvaged the other day... its running xp sp2 I will try to sync itnvia usb to my laptop later to see if the same issues arrise.
    02-16-13 09:01 AM
    If it's used I would wipe and reload the OS before doing anything else.
    02-16-13 09:02 AM
    Well, first, it's been said a hundred times, from what I've seen here, as well as in the user's manual, that using PC-sourced USB power is not enough to charge the PlayBook...you need at least the OEM charger which is capable of 2 amps to charge it (this also works as the quick charger for BlackBerry phones) or if you want faster recovery, the charging dock will recharge a PlayBook in about 4 hours.

Not sure I can help you with the disappearing icon. Others have provided a solution which might work for you, so a search is in order.

As for the other items, you've not really provided details on what you're doing to get that behavior. I'd try rebooting your WiFi hub, for starters, and then delete and re-create your connection. Development mode has to be re-initialized (by providing the device's password) on every connection.

If all else is unsuccessful, you may want to try a security wipe and re-install to clear some of these issues.
    02-16-13 09:18 AM
    I think that prior to making statements like that you should do a bit of reading.
    02-16-13 09:23 AM
    Well, first, it's been said a hundred times, from what I've seen here, as well as in the user's manual, that using PC-sourced USB power is not enough to charge the PlayBook....
    It has been said a hundred times but still wrong.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ook-pc-772673/

The OEM charger and dock will charge the PB in about the same amount of time from 0-100%. Where the rapid chargers excell is when using the PB while charging. The rapid chargers are able to keep the same charge rate while the OEM charger will slow down.
    02-16-13 09:33 AM
    If you moved ALL ICONS off the dock (near the clock), that's a known bug/problem. You can fix it - MOVE all icons to that area, one by one and they will all disappear. Then reboot or restart the pb and they will all show up again.

Development mode should continue working as long as you do not restart your computer or pb.
    02-16-13 11:14 AM
    u bought off guy off internet. replay that in ur head. I bought a used playbook of internet who u bought it from got it broken so lyed to get it sold
    02-16-13 07:04 PM