Whenever I delete e-mails from my PB, it deletes them off my work server as well, and they are lost permanently. I have lost several student exams because of it. This is unacceptable for my job. I have the "Leave On Server" button checked in the setup.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    03-13-12 09:47 PM
    In your account settings make sure "Keep messages on server" is set to on. Other than that I would check the settings on the server itself.
    Last edited by I am JT; 03-13-12 at 10:53 PM.
    03-13-12 10:51 PM
    Whenever I delete e-mails from my PB, it deletes them off my work server as well, and they are lost permanently. I have lost several student exams because of it. This is unacceptable for my job. I have the "Leave On Server" button checked in the setup.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    I also found out the hard way that deleting an email from the Playbook also deletes it from the server. None of my other devices works in this way.

Leaving it on the server doesn't work the way you are thinking. It leaves the email on the server so you can download it to another device instead of just downloading it to the Playbook.

There is NO fix for this! It also has been discussed a number of times before in other threads.

The only way around this problem is to not delete any emails until after you have downloaded them to your PC or other device where you want to keep them.
    03-13-12 11:03 PM
    Check out my post on the Q&A / FAQ thread:

| http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post7226443
    03-14-12 06:24 AM
    Thanks for the responses. This needs to be fixed. The sooner the better. :-)
    03-14-12 09:07 AM
    Strange, it is working exactly as I would have expected it to.

It's been a few years since I used a Blackberry phone, for email, but I am sure that it was the same, if you deleted the email, from your phone it went away on the server, and vice-versa.
    03-14-12 09:35 AM
    Fix? According to RIM there's nothing to fix.

Originally, the Playbook was designed exclusively for Blackberry owners. You read an email on your cellphone, deleted it, and it was gone. The Playbook connected to the Blackberry using Bridge software. If you deleted an email on the Playbook it was also gone from the Blackberry. OS 2.0 added a native email client but it still works the same way. The Bridge is still an integral part of the Playbook.

The problem now is the Playbook is being bought by customers that are used to the way Android, Apple and Microsoft handle things. Microsoft's Outlook and Exchange Server work just the opposite when it comes to deleting emails. MS is the big dog in Enterprise servers. Google and Apple don't have Enterprise Server software so they use MS features. RIM is a direct competitor so they do things their way.
    03-14-12 09:54 AM
    Yeah it works like I would expect to. When I delete an email on my playbook ,it deletes it and is sent to my trash folder on my server. Same with my Bold 9900.
    03-14-12 09:56 AM

It's been a few years since I used a Blackberry phone, for email, but I am sure that it was the same, if you deleted the email, from your phone it went away on the server, and vice-versa.
    My Torch doesn't work that way.

The emails I receive on my phone are local to the phone, and I can delete them without affecting the server "master". I reckon RIM did it that way as they thought that most folks wouldn't be using the phone as their main postbox, just as a means of getting a heads-up email to deal with quickly. The email remained on the server so you could re-get it from your office/home PC later.

I believe you can change that "synch" behaviour on the phone in the settings so that it will synch the deletion on the phone back to the server (as you remember ), but there isn't a similar synch-setting function on the playbook AFAIK.

That way of working with namtive email is a big problem for me, and if I'm on the road for a few days I can't stand the clutter of undeleted emails (which I don't dare delete until I've got them on my home PC) - so I'll keep using Bridge email.
    03-14-12 11:21 AM

I have the option on my BB phone to delete e-mails from just the phone or from the phone and the server, so if I delete from the phone, it stays on the server and I can access the e-mail from a computer somewhere. This is not an option on the PlayBook, and it needs to be on there. Native e-mail is useless without being able to leave e-mails on the server like the phones do.
    This is an option when you bridge to the PB, by the way. It's only native e-mail on the PB that doesn't give you a choice and deletes from the server if deleted from the PB.
    03-14-12 05:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD