01-14-12 04:25 PM
30 12
tools
    you said you have 2 desktops and a laptop. So, you are like me - I do most of my tasks using my desktop or laptop.
    What do I use the playbook for?
    1. Reading forums with my morning coffee at the balcony
    2. Browsing Internet while I'm in a coffee shop waiting for someone - I don't need WiFi thanks to my blackberry smartphone
    3. Reading/gaming/watching videos in my bed before I go to sleep

For all of the above, the size of the playbook is just perfect.
    In addition, I'm hooking it sometimes to my TV to watch movies during weekends.

You can try the developers BETA, but you should know that some of the functionality there is missing ( since this version is for testing application and not for consumers).

I think you did one mistake only - you got yourself a device based on its price and not on what you can do with it.
    So, you have to decide ... can you leave w/o the money you've spent and wait for the new OS or return it and take something more useful for you.

I've never used my playbook w/o it being briged to my torch 9800, so I don't know what the experience looks like. In fact, I got mine because I love my Blackberry smartphone and I got it at full price. The phone and the tablet were my best purchases for 2011

Knowing all of the above, you have to decide for yourself.
    I think you will keep it though... If I don't like a device, I don't go asking people to convince me to keep it

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    piglatinlover likes this.
    01-13-12 08:52 PM
    Hahahaah. Over analyzing is what we graduate students do best. It's the main essence of our --often pedantic-- work.

Your post made me laugh. Thanks
    Been there done that! Why do you think I suggested you go with what your niece says?
    piglatinlover likes this.
    01-13-12 08:53 PM
    Definitely wait until OS2 is launched. There'll be new features and new apps and renewed excitement

If you're still not convinced...watch the "PlayBook HiDef Demo" video in Videos...look at that screen

If the screen is too small hold it closer to your face...it doesn't matter as screen resolution is that good
    01-13-12 09:43 PM
    SO I"m going to keep the device. I actually found some neat apps including Al Jazeera, and ATP tennis.

I also found an app that cost a dollar that allows Persian writing. Although it's a nuisance to cut and paste, it's still better than most tablets. It's not such a bad thing.

I think the main reason the tablet shines, is its stability and use. It runs smoothly, and does not crash at all. This observation was quite refreshing coming from an Android background.

I hope OS2.0 will make the native email client worth waiting. Any news on if BBM will work on the playbook even for those who don't have a smartphone?
    01-14-12 03:27 PM
    I'm also a big android fan and use a win 7 desktop most of the time, but still like my playbook. Its going to get a lot better when 2.0 comes out. I paid $600 for my 32gb btw...
    01-14-12 04:25 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD