I'm not sure if this is a joke or not... But I will comment anyways . HDMI is a digital signal so as long as the run isn't too long you will get exactly the same picture and audio with a 4$ cable and a 200$ cable.

This is true while the cable is working but sometimes with crap cables that have ends that aren't of some quality you get no signal or an intermittent one. But you are right a digital signal that is received works as well over a $4 cable as a $100 one.
    I would never buy Monster cables unless they were priced right, which I have never seen yet! LOL
    01-20-12 09:55 AM
    I'm not sure if this is a joke or not... But I will comment anyways . HDMI is a digital signal so as long as the run isn't too long you will get exactly the same picture and audio with a 4$ cable and a 200$ cable.
    It's actually the connectors that are not as good on some of cheaper cables and micro hdmi on the PB can be very picky about it, but I have also experienced this with full size hdmi cables on other devices as well. But no, don't waste your money on Monster or similarly priced cables.
    Last edited by mikeplus1; 01-20-12 at 10:48 AM.
    01-20-12 10:02 AM
    Versus the Monster and other brand cables that now cost almost as much as a new, low-priced, PB!!!
    This is true while the cable is working but sometimes with crap cables that have ends that aren't of some quality you get no signal or an intermittent one. But you are right a digital signal that is received works as well over a $4 cable as a $100 one.
    I would never buy Monster cables unless they were priced right, which I have never seen yet! LOL
    It's actually the connectors that are not as good on some of cheaper cables and mini hdmi on the PB can be very picky about it, but I have also experienced this with full size hdmi cables on other devices as well. But no, don't waste your money on Monster or similarly priced cables.
    I agree. The only thing Monstrous about a Monster cable is the price.
    taylortbb likes this.
    01-20-12 10:07 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD