Hi from the Playbook Village
    Ok so I was flying through BB WORLD looking for something for myself but I always am on the lookout for games or different app my nephews may like. I quickly glanced at one where the description had something to do with building a city or village or something like that. Unfortunately there is no shopping cart function (I guess I should say none that I know of) where you can park an item in there for later.
    I bought him the Solar system explorer, and also downloaded the World wonders free. He like those.
    He is 7. Very bright likes to learn. His brother is 10, also bright kid but is more of a gamer.
    So does anyone know the name of this game or any games / apps similar to the vague description I gave here?

TIA
    03-20-13 03:25 PM
    Hi was it worldcraft it is simular to minecraft
    03-20-13 03:51 PM
    Or was it sim city
    03-20-13 03:55 PM
    I have also suggested that appworld needs a method of holding a list of things I MIGHT be interested in so I can quickly find them again.
    03-20-13 04:26 PM

Hi was it worldcraft it is simular to minecraft
    Or was it sim city
    No, Im sure it wasnt Mine Craft. These guys both LOVE minecraft and are not happy its not available on the PB and say the World craft isnt up to snuff.
    Sim City? Maybe, I'll have to check it out. Will let you know.
    Thanks
    03-20-13 04:39 PM
    I have also suggested that appworld needs a method of holding a list of things I MIGHT be interested in so I can quickly find them again.
    yes, and many times I have searched, or typed in a name that was somewhat close to the text description of the app I was looking for and nothing came up - something like "cannot find" or whatever error message comes up. I couldnt believe it - no similarities or close choices came up. They really have to do something with their search and also add in a "those who purchased this also bought this" feature.

Honestly, sometimes I scratch my head at how some of these applications/features were released or approved they way they currently are.
    03-20-13 04:41 PM
    I stumbled across another game, not the one I was originally thinking of but this Machinarium or something like that. Super detail art work on it and great concept just wondering if it might be too much for the little guy but he has the mind of an adult.
    03-21-13 08:55 AM
    I stumbled across another game, not the one I was originally thinking of but this Machinarium or something like that. Super detail art work on it and great concept just wondering if it might be too much for the little guy but he has the mind of an adult.
    Machinarium is a GREAT app/game. Good for keeping a young one's mind active and working out logic. The soundtrack is fascinating through ear buds. And like you said, beutiful atrwork/graphics. This is a SAFE puzzle game for all ages. Nothing offensive at all. I have this on both my PB's.

You can't go wrong on this one.

Carl
    03-21-13 09:51 AM
    Machinarium is a GREAT app/game. Good for keeping a young one's mind active and working out logic. The soundtrack is fascinating through ear buds. And like you said, beutiful atrwork/graphics. This is a SAFE puzzle game for all ages. Nothing offensive at all. I have this on both my PB's.

You can't go wrong on this one.

Carl
    Thanks, you think it would be at all too frustrating for kids/pre teens?
    03-21-13 12:10 PM
    03-21-13 01:16 PM
    Tiny Bang Story is good. It's a puzzle/hidden object type game which is fairly easy to use
    03-23-13 02:53 AM