Hi guys, I'm going on a flight for a trip with a toddler in a month and I need to get some DVD movies onto my PlayBook to keep her entertained.

I have no idea how to do this. I'm looking for instructions on how to do this.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    01-09-14 04:48 PM
    do a search online for free dvd converters,,, there are several...
    01-09-14 05:02 PM
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    01-09-14 05:07 PM
    Download the free converter "Freemake". One of its presets is conversion to BlackBerry Playbook. I've used it dozens of times and it works great. Drag and drop the converted mp4 file to the videos folder and you're all set.
    01-09-14 08:30 PM
    Except Freemake, HandBrake is also a good to use freeware. But the free ones may have some limitation, so I suggest you to have a try the paid ware. You can find lots of such programs on the Internet. I have ever used a software called Leawo DVD Ripper, it successfully convert the DVD movies to my Galaxy S4. So I think you can have a try. Here is a guide for you to refer:How to Rip DVD to Samsung Galaxy S4/S3/S2/S
    01-09-14 09:20 PM
    Except Freemake, HandBrake is also a good to use freeware. But the free ones may have some limitation, so I suggest you to have a try the paid ware. You can find lots of such programs on the Internet. I have ever used a software called Leawo DVD Ripper, it successfully convert the DVD movies to my Galaxy S4. So I think you can have a try. Here is a guide for you to refer:How to Rip DVD to Samsung Galaxy S4/S3/S2/S
    Thanks for the tip. I don't have a DVD player anymore, I'd like to keep watch movies that I already paid for.

Need some POW? Follow POW on BBM channels C004634C3.
    01-09-14 09:32 PM
    I think you need a DVD burner otherwise you won't be able to rip the content out of your DVDs.
    Here is the link to recommended software people talked about: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...aybook-616510/
    And its good to know what video format the playbook supports (I think MP4 is best): https://developer.blackberry.com/dev...a_support.html
    I really can't think of a way to get the content from your dvds to your playbook without ripping the content out using dvd burner
    01-09-14 10:05 PM
    Thanks for the tips everyone!

Posted via CB10
    01-10-14 05:16 PM
    Download the free converter "Freemake". One of its presets is conversion to BlackBerry Playbook. I've used it dozens of times and it works great. Drag and drop the converted mp4 file to the videos folder and you're all set.
    Does Freemake allow ripping from Blu-Ray?

I flick all my words from my amazing BlackBerry Z10
    01-11-14 08:58 AM
    What you really need are some good sedatives for you and the child! (just kidding) or maybe the people around you. Have a great trip
    Carl Estes likes this.
    01-11-14 12:15 PM
    Hi guys, I'm going on a flight for a trip with a toddler in a month and I need to get some DVD movies onto my PlayBook to keep her entertained.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    If you're looking to amuse a child that probably means Disney movies which will be copy protected. The free applications won't rip them. You should check out WinX DVDripper. It works great and will work on Disney DVD. it's well worth the money.
    Last edited by bevcraw; 01-11-14 at 06:06 PM.
    01-11-14 03:23 PM
    I found a website a few months back to burn some DVDs for my kids to watch on the PlayBook. I can't remember where it is now but it was, though successful, a convoluted process. It started off with a some sort of decoder (crucial part), AnyDVD, 7-zip, and then Handbrake into an MP4 format. It took a LONG time and ate up lots of hard drive space. I'll have to see if I can find the link...
    Carl Estes likes this.
    01-11-14 11:11 PM
    You can use Handbrake (FREE) and google DVD43 FREE, this with stripout the DVD copy bits, and use Handbrake to convert to MPEG4.

All FREE, and proven workability (has setting for almost any Tablet out there.

c
    01-13-14 11:44 AM
    I use AppGeeker DVD Ripper to rip DVDs into a mp4 file, then import it into iTunes. From there I can synch it to my iPad.
    large films are around 1.4Gb but you can rip it at lower resolution in it to make them smaller.
    01-14-14 05:55 AM

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    I use AoA DVD Ripper to view my DVDs on the go... also have quite a few children's movies on my PB to keep friends' sproglets entertained

If you search on CB, there are loads of threads on this subject already
    01-14-14 12:09 PM
    For the time and effort involved, it may be easier just to use the video store app on the PlayBook and buy some of the cheaper titles suitable for the younger kids. About two months ago, BlackBerry had a lot of movies on sale at ninety-nine cents and I bought a bunch including some suitable for my ten year old.

Incidentally, unlike the BlackBerry Phones, on the PlayBook you can just log your username into the Video store app and retrieve any videos you have purchased. In my case it meant I could just log my ID into the video store app on my son's PlayBook and purchase or download them onto his PlayBook. The caveat of this is they can download any movies that you may have purchased, even the ones not rated appropriately to their age.

The last time we did a long trip, about two years ago, I went the route suggested above and took my purchased DVDs and created PlayBook suitable copies and loaded them to the PlayBooks. It worked well for the long hours in the car and when we got to the Hotel, the room had a large TV with HDMI in, which allowed us to play the movies on the TV.

Three things to keep in mind is that the conversion process takes hours if you are doing more than one movie. A lot of the conversion programs could contain malware, especially if you are on a PC. Lastly, depending on your country, it can be illegal to make copies, digital or otherwise.
    01-14-14 03:32 PM

on the PlayBook you can just log your username into the Video store app and retrieve any videos you have purchased. In my case it meant I could just log my ID into the video store app on my son's PlayBook and purchase or download them onto his PlayBook.

keep in mind, when licenses expire, you won't be able to download the movie any longer,,, it's better to do a FULL backup using desktop manager,,, don't use bblink,,, you'll be able to restore your movies, & LICENSES, from a full backup...
    01-16-14 01:19 PM
    Buy Kalemsoft app and drag and drop ur dvd Vob files into the playbook.
    Kalemsoft opens any media files formats

White Z10
    01-16-14 08:47 PM
    Buy Kalemsoft app and drag and drop ur dvd Vob files into the playbook.
    Kalemsoft opens any media files formats

White Z10
    dragging & dropping DOESN'T save licenses,,, if you wipe your playbook, the d&d movies WON'T play when you move them back,,, FULL backup is the only way to save your movies & licenses...
    01-20-14 12:46 PM