HELP- i keep getting "invalid url" when trying to access certain forums on some sites when paired with my bold 9700. Accessing them through wifi works fine... It didn't do this before , even after the last update a few months ago...

Also from time to time when using wifi and i'm trying to advance to a 2nd page on a site i get "could not find server host" with a "try again" button that doesn't help cause it keeps saying the same thing...this is very frustrating when trying to buy something online and it won't let you go to the checkout page cause of this error...even navigating away to a different site and hitting the back button doesn't help...again, this happens randomly on different sites...very annoying.
    09-29-12 06:03 PM
    Im getting those types of issues as well. I am also getting issues where im stuck on a blank page with just the back arrow showing....and when I try to go to favorites screen is blank..

For your issues I find that closing the browser completely helps (At times). For my above issue even closing and reopening the browser sometimes doesn't fix the problem. Then I have to reboot.
    09-29-12 06:17 PM
    i've gotten that blank page; usually when i click on a link that redirects me to go somewhere else for instance when signing into a site that requires you to sign into a separate site through it's own small window like "sign in with your facebook account"...i usually just close the blank page and start again...not that big of a deal for me but being in the middle of a transaction and having a limited time to complete the transaction frustrates me to no end.
    09-29-12 07:02 PM
    Could it be a javascript related issue? Have you turned it on/off and see if that makes any difference? I don't know if Flash is used in such circumstances.

I'm not sure about this but I think using the phone's connection might lead to mixed results as I think you are "working" (browsing) through Rim's bb servers??? Maybe someone more knowledgeable can step in.
    09-29-12 07:39 PM
    My case I have these issues while tethered to my Nokia X7 phone, so it shouldn't be anything to do with RIM servers. I don't remember if this also happens while on WIFI or not but ill keep an eye out and try to isolate the issue.
    09-29-12 08:01 PM
    Clear your cache and all?
    09-29-12 08:09 PM
    Well i left it on the error page and after a few minutes it reloaded and corrected itself...i don't think it's the cache because that would make it happen for every page wouldn't it??...thats with the wifi; however when i'm using blu-tooth it only gives me the error while attempting to access my own posts in certain forums. This is not random as it happens without fail now...i will attempt to use the dolphin browser to see if it gives me a similar error.....

Ok, i'm back...and the dolphin browser has no problem, in fact it actually loads pages faster. So the problem is with the native browser...would having 3 days of history and such be a problem? I do have it set to delete history after 2 days. I guess i'll try clearing the cache and cookies when it happens again....

Well i cleared the cache and turned on/off the javascript, flash...and i still get the "bad request" error using blu-tooth... Again, this used to work fine on these particular pages, it was only until recently that i'm getting these errors when bridged...i guess i'll just start using the dolphin browser more frequently now until they release the next os update
    Last edited by omega supreme; 09-30-12 at 03:34 AM. Reason: Update
    09-30-12 02:50 AM
    What version are you on. I'm on 688.

Have you also noticed that text input is petty laggy as well.
    09-30-12 04:49 PM
    Yeah I'm getting the same problems when bridged to my Torch. I get loads of 502 Bad Gateway problems, and also, sometimes you click on a link and the loading bar just fills up in a millisecond but the Page doesn't actually change. I hope they fix it. So frustrating.
    09-30-12 05:17 PM
    What version are you on. I'm on 688.

Have you also noticed that text input is petty laggy as well.
    Did you mean .668?? Cause that's what i have... The text input has always been laggy for some sites. I've just learned to live with it.
    09-30-12 07:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD