As a wife, I would have loved it if my husband went and just bought me mine. But noooo, upon release went to Bestbuy, hubby was like, "what for". Told him just want to look. And walked out with PB in hand. Teenage daughter was upset that I bought myself a PB and not buy her an Ipad. I told her, I work hard and once in awhile I need to splurge on myself, lol. Every now and then my daughter will grab the PB to browse the web when doing homework. Alot easier and faster, rather then turning on the desktop. So yes go ahead and buy PB for your wife for Valentine's Day, I bet you will not regret it. If she does not want it, I'll take it off your hands.
    Girl talk, gold talk !
    Manic99 likes this.
    02-09-12 03:26 PM
    In truth, I am trying to convert my wife via shear numbers. I bought my daughters each a BP for Valentine's day. More so I don't have to share. I got 16 Gigers for 145 each, thanks Telus!

Last edited by pinkert11; 02-09-12 at 03:30 PM.
    rotorwrench and speedypear like this.
    02-09-12 03:26 PM
    Show her the Decalgirl.com skins for Playbook.....and Angry Birds in HD.....and HD video....

I've got a cool purple leather stand/case for mine, but the VanGoddy book style are cute...and for the ultimate luxury case go to Noreve.com

Accessorising always works with us chicks!
    02-09-12 03:30 PM
    buy her one and give it to her... she will be convinced it was the right choice
    02-09-12 03:31 PM
    If she wants an iPad, how about just showing some respect for your wife and getting one? There is no reason why spouses need to have his and hers items of everything (or anything for that matter). Personally, I would find it rather insulting for someone to expect I should like something because they do. It is not as if you decided you want a child and she doesn't, which again is her choice but at least worthy of more discussion. It is a piece of technology that will be obsolete by the end of the year and probably collecting dust or contaminating a landill in a couple years, regardless of whether it is a Playbok or iPad. BTW, iPad 2s will probaly be be somewhat cheaper after the iPad 3 is introduced next month.
    Bluemoonjules and speedypear like this.
    02-09-12 04:17 PM
    If she wants an iPad, how about just showing some respect for your wife and getting one? There is no reason why spouses need to have his and hers items of everything (or anything for that matter). Personally, I would find it rather insulting for someone to expect I should like something because they do. It is not as if you decided you want a child and she doesn't, which again is her choice but at least worthy of more discussion. It is a piece of technology that will be obsolete by the end of the year and probably collecting dust or contaminating a landill in a couple years, regardless of whether it is a Playbok or iPad. BTW, iPad 2s will probaly be be somewhat cheaper after the iPad 3 is introduced next month.
    ... loading flamethrowers ....

I guess you've never put a PB in a lady's hand ... they are maybe even more seduced by the gestures, and I won't be surprised it could be a surprising trend. they just need a Hermes, Chanel or Prada accessory and ... booom.
    So, you're advice is "buy an known-obsolete ipad because it's cheaper" ?
    You've got to learn a bit about women psychology ...
    02-10-12 01:15 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD