whilereading, please note i didnt know playbook existed until i saw an ad that is on sale last week. love my pb and would like to get one more for my wife as well but i dont know how to convince her to open her eyes and see what i see. i only had mine for a week and am using it day-night. simply the best thing. we both have an iphone 4 and getting an ipad just didnt make sense to me as it was the oversized ipod touch/iphone. before the iphone we both had android for a few months and blackberry for 3 years. i used to have ipod touch that she never used or liked while we had bbery curve. ok we get an iphone bcz its cool and has apps, she has two apps, all that it matters is that she looks cool with the pink case on. all she does is sms and goes to fb, and other times she is on the laptop browsing. i know that pb browser is so much better and with the flash and java and hdmi port its the perfect device. i know she will make use of these things only. so how do i explain to her that ipad doesnt have what she uses? i tried everything, i just have to make her use it more i guess, i have a month until ipad 3 comes out. i know when she gets an ipad she ll regret it and want to use my pb. any suggestions.
    02-09-12 12:15 PM
    Buy first, tell later...if you have a job, make money, you are responsible for your money. It is weak to ask the wife everytime one want something.
    frisco49ers, dukevn and Chinookman like this.
    02-09-12 12:21 PM
    Put in her hands & tell her to use it for a day or two instead of the computer. She would soon see the light, if not then its a lost cause.
    02-09-12 12:24 PM
    okaaay, no one needs a permission i can go and buy it right now but dont want her not using it later and then just having two and one sits around. am talking about going to buy it bcz it willappeal to her
    02-09-12 12:25 PM
    February 14th ... Valentine's day, isn't it ?
    My wife was planning to buy a ipad2 ... happily her birthday was ... this morning.
    While breakfast, I set it up, bridged with her phone, loaded with a hundred of mp3 ... demonstrated 3 basic wipes ... and there you go darling, happy birthday: enjoy !
    Ten minutes ago (phone call) : "daaaarling, I've got some docs to review and I don't want to handle my laptop ... ". Dammit, danger: she possibly could love it more than ... me

P.S : take her to a shop and make her try to put an Ipad in her purse ... magic counter-demo.
    02-09-12 12:26 PM
    Put in her hands & tell her to use it for a day or two instead of the computer. She would soon see the light, if not then its a lost cause.
    yeah thatwas my plan. gotta do it that way.
    02-09-12 12:27 PM
    okaaay, no one needs a permission i can go and buy it right now but dont want her not using it later and then just having two and one sits around. am talking about going to buy it bcz it willappeal to her
    My wife's PB sits around a lot since I got it for her for Xmas - but I don't mind: it's my back up PB!
    02-09-12 12:28 PM
    do video chat with her
    coverk likes this.
    02-09-12 12:31 PM
    My wife's PB sits around a lot since I got it for her for Xmas - but I don't mind: it's my back up PB!
    Maybe an Ipad would have too ... ?
    02-09-12 12:33 PM
    Don't know about you, but saying to my wife "hey, look, I spent $800 + tax" on a tablet would be enough to convince her NOT to want to get an iPad or send me back to the store to return it. End of story

Also, I have managed to open her eyes to see what Apple is really all about...flashy and overpriced gadgets Personally, I'd take 95% of the features for 1/3 of the price any day.
    Last edited by dejanh; 02-09-12 at 12:36 PM.
    Yep, Valentine's Day.
    Excellent opportunity!
    It took my wife a few weeks of using mine before she wanted her own. Video chat is useful between PB's. We both have BB phones so it's a good fit.
    When I brought home the first PB I got one of these from her. When she brought home the second I gave her one of these .
    Maybe someone could make a big case that fits the PB but looks like an iPad for those that like to carry around the symbol.
    02-09-12 12:34 PM
    Don't know about you, but saying to my wife "hey, look, I spent $800 + tax" on a tablet would be enough to convince her NOT to want to get an iPad. End of story
    They've pretty much been on sale, just about everywhere, for months.
    It won't cost that much.

And there's a buyers remorse, if all else fails.
    02-09-12 12:35 PM
    Buy first, tell later...if you have a job, make money, you are responsible for your money. It is weak to ask the wife everytime one want something.
    You must not be married.
    02-09-12 12:37 PM
    They've pretty much been on sale, just about everywhere, for months.
    It won't cost that much.

And there's a buyers remorse, if all else fails.
    I'm talking about OPs prospect of buying an iPad 3. Not iPad 2 or PB. Between iPad 2 and PB, there is no contest for me, features or otherwise. PlayBook is just that much better, even with OS 1.0.
    02-09-12 12:37 PM
    Head to the right upper corner of this page. Type "convince" in the search bar. Enter. Enjoy.

Sorry if this is obvious, but I am trying to be helpful.
    02-09-12 12:39 PM
    When I first got mine she said she didn't want one.

I started my own facebook page and used the PB daily for a month. It went on sale (again) and now she is begging for one so she can use it for her facebook (hourly) wherever she goes.

Turns out there is some good to facebook. Now I just have to delete my account as it has served its purpose!
    02-09-12 12:47 PM
    That's what I did. My wife had her iPad and showed a little interest in the PB but I could never part with it long enough for her to use it. She would reach her hand out and ask to see it and I would pull it in to me and say "Get away! Mine!" Big mistake, wasn't thinking. So I just laid it in her lap, showed her a few gestures and two hours later still couldn't get it back. Needless to say she now has her own.
    02-09-12 12:47 PM
    This is how I got my Playbook. Will suggest the same
    02-09-12 12:59 PM
    Maybe an Ipad would have too ... ?
    Oh yes, most likely - she just hasn't got round to integrating it into her day as much as I have!
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-09-12 01:25 PM
    Use force, obviously.
    Hawkeberry and kennyliu like this.
    02-09-12 01:28 PM

Yea, stop the wussification of America!
    02-09-12 02:07 PM
    Do what I did, bought myself a 16GB last fall and she started using it so much that I bought myself a 64GB .lol
    Podgorica likes this.
    02-09-12 02:16 PM
    I'm with this, but telling is not enough, kill the laptop browsing. Go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc, then open the host file and point all of her fav websites to 127.0.0.1, this will re-rout the websites back to the local hard drive. Ie

127.0.0.1 [tab] facebook.com

Then tell her you have to 'fix' the laptop, but here, use my PB whilst I do so. In a day or two, if you can go that long with no PB, go back and delete the entries in the host file.

Works on two fronts 1) she falls in love with the PB, 2) you are a hero for fixing the notebook!
    fenlander likes this.
    02-09-12 02:58 PM
    As a wife, I would have loved it if my husband went and just bought me mine. But noooo, upon release went to Bestbuy, hubby was like, "what for". Told him just want to look. And walked out with PB in hand. Teenage daughter was upset that I bought myself a PB and not buy her an Ipad. I told her, I work hard and once in awhile I need to splurge on myself, lol. Every now and then my daughter will grab the PB to browse the web when doing homework. Alot easier and faster, rather then turning on the desktop. So yes go ahead and buy PB for your wife for Valentine's Day, I bet you will not regret it. If she does not want it, I'll take it off your hands.
    Superfly_FR and rotorwrench like this.
    02-09-12 03:18 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD