Hey everyone,

I just purchased my first Blackberry Playbook. I know I need to convert my movies to get them onto the tablet, but I don't know of any good DVD converters or what settings to enter once I am on the DVD converter program. Could someone please give me the name to a good program and walk me through it?

Thanks in advance!
    02-28-13 10:31 PM
    WEll if you are trying to rip your dvd then I'm not sure. However if you already have them in some format you can try a program called freemake. It's easy
    02-28-13 10:40 PM
    I am trying to get them from DVD to the proper files on my computer for my Playbook. Also need help with getting my movies onto the Playbook from iTunes.
    02-28-13 10:45 PM
    The PlayBook Supports these media formats:
    Video formats: 3GP, 3GP2, ASF, AVI, F4V, ISMV, M4V, MKV, MOV, MP4, MPEG4, WMV
    Audio formats: AAC, AMR, AWB, FLAC, M4A, MKA, MP3, OGG, WAV, WMA
    Image formats : BMP, JPG, GIF, PNG, SGI, SVG, TSG, TIF, WBMP

I used Filsh in the past to convert YouTube videos to put onto the PlayBook.
    03-01-13 03:12 AM
    I am trying to get them from DVD to the proper files on my computer for my Playbook. Also need help with getting my movies onto the Playbook from iTunes.
    The problem with converting from a DVD is that most have encryption to prevent copying. I have had some good results with a program called 'DVD Decrypter'.
    I use that to get the copy-protection off the original 'raw' DVD files, then use various other programs (DIVx software suite is good but there are many others, both free and commercial) to get the files into whatever format I need.

I haven't really got time to write proper instructions, but the internet is full of step-by-step tutorials written by far more knowledgable people than me, anyway.

I should say that breaking the copy-protection on DVDs is technically illegal, but as far as I know, if it is only for personal use, you are unlikely to get into any trouble...

EDIT: and see this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-my-pb-775173/
    Last edited by ChrisMay; 03-01-13 at 09:03 AM.
    03-01-13 07:43 AM
    If you have an iMac use Smart Convert pro, I didn't and my videos now read fine on my Playbook.
    03-01-13 10:53 AM
    U could try the freeware program handbrake which is available for both mac and pc.
    03-01-13 05:13 PM
    Try the "Freemake Video Converter." Excellent! Has buttons for several formats. Easy to use. Rip from any DVD, convert it to PB format. Use the Desktop Manager to load to PB. Find it in files. Had trouble finding it with the DM, so I added it to RealPlayer, and viola! there it was in the DM.
    03-01-13 11:25 PM
    Do a search as I posted lots of info on how to do this.

Posted via CB10, BB10, Z10
    03-02-13 10:46 AM
    Using the BlackBerry Video Store as a "Matrix" fan I've downloaded all three movies easily, without the use of a laptop/ computor. BlackBerry Video Store came pre-imstalled on both of my Playbooks (16GB/64GB). The movies play beautifly in HD with awesome movie theatre sound.
    03-02-13 11:12 AM