I'm the proud new owner of a playbook and I love it! I'm looking for a simple midi sequencer so I can sketch out song ideas when I'm away from my pc. I found dead a couple of Android apps that look like they will work for me (such as budgerigar or palmidi) but I'm unable to buy them from the Google play store because the phone is not an android device. Any suggestions on how to buy these apps???
    12-28-12 01:59 PM
    I don't have the answer to your question directly but I heard about 3 or 4 months ago Ableton was supposed to be working an app based on a simplified version of A8 for tablets to work with a virtual midi controller and Sony was rumoured to be working on a tablet version of Acid at one point although seeing as they seem to have slowed down support of the PRO version I find that highly unlikely. I don't know if either of those would be of any use to you but it might be worth a follow up.
    12-28-12 03:49 PM
    Try Caustic 2, I own a copy and I use it all the time, once you create songs you can export to wav, midi, org. There is a free version you can try. The developer just released an update to version 2.1. I use it to create drum, bass, piano backing tracks and play them through my mixer with my guitar and vocals. It is well worth the try.
    12-28-12 06:36 PM
    Caustic 2 just had an update pushed through a couple days ago. I haven't had a lot of time to play with it, but the options on the 303 clone are a lot better and there is a parametric EQ effect plugin. The overall sound and performance seemed a lot better to me in the ten or fifteen minutes I got to play with it. The UI is also a little cleaner.
    I love Caustic. I hope that after BB10 comes out that you can use midi over usb, it'd be a fun gadget to sync live.
    12-28-12 09:52 PM
    I just downloaded the Caustic demo. WOW. What a fun app. Didn't know this was available.

I thought I would see what other midi apps are in AppWorld. Does anyone know if the "Karaoke Sing Me" app is any good? I realize it doesn't come with any song files... but is it easy to find and download the karaoke versions of popular Karaoke songs?
    12-29-12 10:11 AM
    I bought caustic last night and I've been playing with it all morning. It's a great program and it runs very smoothly. My only complaint is that I can't figure out how to make a note last longer than 1 measure since it's pattern based. A+ job on this app, kudos to the developer!
    12-29-12 11:26 AM
    Brooks Robinson I use the beatbox mostly but the new 2.1 version does let you join notes in PSMSYNTH and BASSLINE, these are some new features for 2.1. In the PSMSYNTH you can SEL and note and extend it's length. Just play with it, I love this program. I use it for background rhythm and I connect it to my mixer through CD input. I agree with the kudos to the developer, I could not see the 2.1 update in app world and when I sent him a email he responded very quickly.
    12-30-12 06:53 AM
    I'm having trouble finding my exported songs. It tells me the directory but when I go there I don't see an export folder??
    playbookpa likes this.
    12-30-12 08:36 AM