I am Thinking of buying a keyboard from Ebay , its advertised as working with tablet PC but i know blackberry product are strange and sometime dont work with some products

This what i am thinking of buying ( NEW Bluetooth Wireless Keyboard for Apple iPad iPhone PC Windows 7 | eBay )
    01-28-12 02:35 PM
    I can't vouch for this Bluetooth keyboard, but the Playbook does work with Bluetooth keyboards. I occasionally pair mine with an old foldable Palm one.
    01-28-12 02:40 PM
    I think you are well-advised to review the other threads about Bluetooth keyboards and purchase one that other people have confirmed works with the BlackBerry PlayBook. Some keyboards loose connectivity easily while other keyboards work flawlessly and easily pair with the tablet. Besides, do you really want to mix an apple with a blackberry?
    apg300 likes this.
    01-28-12 02:47 PM
    I agree with BB9700CA. Best to check reviews.
    I bought a cheapo, unbranded bluetooth mini keyboard on impulse while waiting for my Playbook.
    Yes, it works, but the connection ceases from time to time while typing.
    When it does this, I first get a notification on the upper left hand corner informing me that keyboard has been disconnected, then the built-in soft-keyboard appears, then after a while, when I click on the text area, the soft-keyboard disappears, and I'm able to use the BT mini keyboard again until the next "connection interruption".
    It does this about every so often (about every 10minutes), with each interruption lasting about 30 seconds.
    Pretty annoying, but seeing that I bought it on impulse without prior research, I can only blame myself.
    I don't use it often for my Playbook.
    It does, ironically, work well when paired with my laptop. Often I just use it as a clicker and external keyboard for presentations.
    01-28-12 03:10 PM
    i have a hipstreet case with bluetooth keyboard that works great.
    01-28-12 04:24 PM
    i have a hipstreet case with bluetooth keyboard that works great.
    yea I've heard a number of good reviews of the hipstreet keyboards & the PB....though if your buying one now, why not wait a month & get the one coming from RIM them selves?

That one has a touch pad on it & is specifically designed to work with the PB's guestures
    01-28-12 04:32 PM
    my bluetooth keyboard doesnt work :/
    01-28-12 08:11 PM
    i use the apple magic bluetooth keyboard which works very well. it barely loses connection and reconnects most of the time if it does.
    01-28-12 09:15 PM
    i know that the newest apple one does as well as the nextech one sold at the source. I have used both of those on and off. The nexxtech one cuts out from time to time and is a bit slow when typing really fast sometime... but i paid it $30 so i wasnt expecting the same as the $70+ apple one.
    01-28-12 09:44 PM
    I just ordered what appears to be the same keyboard from Amazon.com. It works with my Windows laptop, though not with my Playbook. The Playbook will see the device, and and correctly identifies it as "VK Bluetooth Keyboard," and shows the HID service. I'm then prompted to enter a passcode and hit ENTER. When I do, the Playbook simply sits at the passcode prompt. When I return to the Bluetooth setup overview, it appears that the PB is paired with the keyboard, though pressing keys doesn't do anything.

It appears to work perfectly with a Windows 7 laptop and a Windows XP desktop. I'll do a bit more experimentation, but it looks like it's headed back to Amazon.

-- People are reporting that the Nexxtech keyboard from The Source does work with the Playbook. Mine is the VK3001BA. They look the same, though they may have different guts.
    Last edited by neuromonkey; 04-13-12 at 07:12 PM. Reason: update
    04-13-12 06:20 PM
    A generic BT mini kb, and my Verbatim folding kb, both work with my PlayBook.
    04-13-12 09:53 PM
    I use my PS3 keyboard/mouse in one with my playbook
    04-13-12 10:00 PM
    I think you are well-advised to review the other threads about Bluetooth keyboards and purchase one that other people have confirmed works with the BlackBerry PlayBook. Some keyboards loose connectivity easily while other keyboards work flawlessly and easily pair with the tablet. Besides, do you really want to mix an apple with a blackberry?
    Well said mate, I agree with you.
    04-13-12 11:06 PM
    You must purchase an HID keyboard for your PB. From the list of devices it supports, this sounds like it is an HID device, but since it does not appear to explicitly say so, you can't be sure. A no-name Chinese Apple knock-off like this is not likely to have good documentation, and I wouldn't trust its quality, either. There's a reason it's selling for one quarter (or less) the price of comparable products.
    04-13-12 11:18 PM
    Hi, does anyone know if this Logitech diNovo Mini works with a playbook. Cheers.
    Logitech UK - diNovo Mini Keyboard
    10-03-12 12:40 PM
    We just bought the Microsoft bluetooth keyboard and it has been rock solid - no disconnects. The only downside is no integrated trackpad. Although using a BB phone as a trackpad works amazingly well.
    10-03-12 01:03 PM
    I have some Logitech Bluetooth keyboard advertised as an Apple model and it works fine.
    10-03-12 01:03 PM
    I am Thinking of buying a keyboard from Ebay , its advertised as working with tablet PC but i know blackberry product are strange and sometime dont work with some products

This what i am thinking of buying ( NEW Bluetooth Wireless Keyboard for Apple iPad iPhone PC Windows 7 | eBay )
    the ps3 keypad keyboard works perfect with the playbook, even the mouse function and it's only $30.
    10-03-12 01:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD