I have my personal email account on my PB as well as my work Enterprise account. Apparently, when I set it up, I set it up as an IMAP instead of POP3. Not being overly computer savvy, I didn't know the difference. PlayBook is running 2.1.0.1314.

Today I decided that I should go clean this account up on my device and deleted all of the emails in my personal folder. Some work gets in the way and I don't get around to cleaning up my other accounts. An hour later I'm on my laptop and I see I have no emails in my personal account. I look on my Torch 9860 and I have no emails. So I log into my webmail and see that I have no emails. On my webmail, my preferences are set to send the deleted emails to the Trash. So I check the Trash but they aren't there. I look on my PlayBook for a Trash folder (in the Messages, @ symbol on left, personal account, click folder icon) and it shows me there is no Trash folder. Only Inbox, Drafts, Sent and Outbox.

I phone my service provider and check with them and they tell me that the webmail preferences has nothing to do with my looking at my email on my PB and wherever it sends the emails to is where they are. I am currently waiting for a Tier 2 support person to contact me and see if they can restore the lost emails. Is there a way on the PlayBook to restore these emails? Is there a chance that there is a Trash folder that I haven't found?
    01-31-13 11:22 AM
    Restore from backup is likely your account only option.
    01-31-13 09:11 PM
    I received word last night that the Tier 2 people retrieved my email.

Today I will be deleting the IMAP account and create a POP3 instead.
    02-01-13 06:53 AM