last week i was really happy that i was finally using spotify on my Q10. That was almost the only app that i was missing on BB10. Using this guide How to run almost any Android 2.3.3 app on BlackBerry 10 [Windows Guide] | CrackBerry.com the blackberry Q10 is the most fantastic phone ever

Now i wanted to use DDPB again to install some apps i need on my playbook. Normally no problem i would say. But now i'm getting this strange error.

Error: Cannot connect: Connection to https://169.254.169.253 refused. You may have to reboot the target.

I tryed almost everything. Reboot laptop, reboot playbook, installed DDPB again, did not forget the developermode and the IP adres is still the same as the one on my laptop screen.

What to do!?
    07-11-13 01:37 PM
    last week i was really happy that i was finally using spotify on my Q10. That was almost the only app that i was missing on BB10. Using this guide How to run almost any Android 2.3.3 app on BlackBerry 10 [Windows Guide] | CrackBerry.com the blackberry Q10 is the most fantastic phone ever

Now i wanted to use DDPB again to install some apps i need on my playbook. Normally no problem i would say. But now i'm getting this strange error.

Error: Cannot connect: Connection to https://169.254.169.253 refused. You may have to reboot the target.

I tryed almost everything. Reboot laptop, reboot playbook, installed DDPB again, did not forget the developermode and the IP adres is still the same as the one on my laptop screen.

What to do!?
    WiFi or USB?
    07-11-13 01:41 PM
    I'm using an USB cable
    07-11-13 01:46 PM

What to do!?
    DTP is about the worst written piece of code I've e er come across. Let's be honest BlackBerry can't even finish an OS properly that they designed in the first place.

I'll say it yet again, download Link from the bb site and use that. I used to have these issues until I used Link. It never fails to connect but whether it suits your needs fully I can't say. At least you won't suffer connection issues no matter how many BlackBerry devices you connect to it. You can also connect via wifi instead of usb?

ps don't try it on a mac

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 01:46 PM
    How will Link help him sideload? To the OP, try using the Chrome App Manager instead of DDPB- it'll probably work for you. Install Chrome on your PC, and then go here- BB10 / PlayBook App Manager
    07-11-13 01:53 PM
    ok! i'm gonna try that! do not understand the Link comment. i'm sorry!
    07-11-13 02:04 PM
    i downloaded chrome, installed the app manager in chrome. what to do next. because its not connecting
    07-11-13 02:11 PM
    just to make sure, i have to put in the IP adres witch i see in the developermode right?
    07-11-13 02:15 PM
    Well don't see what i'm doing wrong. In chrome playbook appmanager i insert 2 IP adresses. The 2 i see on my playbook when i'm in developermode. After that i can click on both of them. When i click on the one wich is the adres from my playbook he can't find the page..
    07-11-13 03:19 PM
    How will Link help him sideload? To the OP, try using the Chrome App Manager instead of DDPB- it'll probably work for you. Install Chrome on your PC, and then go here- BB10 / PlayBook App Manager
    I give up with you! Did I ever mention using link to side load droid apps???????????

The answer your looking for by the way is no! Just to help you!

It will however overcome the "cannot connect" error messages that the member is experiencing!

By the way thank you for introducing me to the concept that you can use DTP to sideload droid apps on, I NEVER KNEW THAT DTP COULD BE USED FOR THAT!!!!!!!

Oh silly me, I forgot!!! NO IT CANT!!!!!!!!
    07-11-13 03:38 PM
    I have created a Static IP address for my pb. I use that address in Chrome. It is also the address that appears if you use the Main Gear icon, About, Network.
    Bart kouwenberg likes this.
    07-11-13 04:12 PM
    this was the right answer!! thanks!!
    FF22 likes this.
    07-11-13 06:31 PM
    I give up with you! Did I ever mention using link to side load droid apps???????????

The answer your looking for by the way is no! Just to help you!

It will however overcome the "cannot connect" error messages that the member is experiencing!

By the way thank you for introducing me to the concept that you can use DTP to sideload droid apps on, I NEVER KNEW THAT DTP COULD BE USED FOR THAT!!!!!!!

Oh silly me, I forgot!!! NO IT CANT!!!!!!!!
    Funny, the OP was trying to connect to his PB using DDPB, which is a program which is used to sideload (generally) android apps. Now, he didn't say whether he was using DDPB via USB or wirelessly. But it doesn't matter much because you can sideload with DDPB through USB without BB Desktop Sofware installed, without BB Link installed, without BB Device Manager installed, in fact, without any BB PB drivers running at all on your PC. So, it's not likely a driver issue- it's much more likely a Java issue. So, like I said, I don't know how installing Link was going to help him sideload apps, since that was what he was trying to do in the first place. As to me saying "that you can use DTP to sideload droid apps", I don't remember saying that, especially considering that I have no idea what "DTP" is.
    07-11-13 10:46 PM