Hi, this is my first Blackberry device and my first time using this Forum so go easy if I've put this in the wrong place or something. Anyway....here's my question.

I want to convert various video files to be optimised for the Blackberry Playbook. I've got mostly .Avi but it seems that there 'unsuported' and instead of the desktop manager just converting them, it just says there uncompatible.

Is there free software either designed for exactly converting/optimising for the Black Playbook? Or is there just free video conversion software for which you can tell me exactly what settings to use.

Thanks!
    12-27-11 05:03 PM
    I use handbrake.
    Here is a thread to get you started
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-video-680238/
    If you do a search for video in the title you will see many others.
    omega supreme likes this.
    12-27-11 06:23 PM
    Handbrake all the way.
    12-27-11 06:26 PM
    DVD Catalyst 4 is another software program to consider, but it costs about $20. It has a one-click conversion process for movies and DVDs. It works great for me. Definitely worth considering.
    12-27-11 07:24 PM
    vlc. Works great.

select convert, select your file/disc/webcameven, select h264+avc, I even put in 1024x600 for the res.

90 min movie = roughly 700meg.

I'm not exactly sure what encoding options are 'optimal' but this works good with the micro hdmi to a 1080p tv
    Last edited by RoboticGolem; 12-27-11 at 07:39 PM. Reason: tv stuff
    12-27-11 07:38 PM
    best free program
    Free Video Converter - Any Video Converter Freeware - convert video free to AVI, MP4, WMV, MKV, MPEG, FLV, SWF, 3GP, DVD, MP3, WebM, iPad, Android, PSP, Tablet PC

create a conversion profile
    i convert my files to mp4s

video codec 264
    frame size 1024 x 600
    video bitrate 1024
    video frame rate 30
    encode pass 1
    audio codec aac
    audio bitrate 128
    sample rate 48000
    audio channel 2
    disable audio no