I don't understand what those black spikes are between 9 to 2 hours which I recorded with my PlayBook on standby and only Battery Guru app running.Also wifi and bluetooth were off. Does that mean some other app also running at intervals or is it due to Battery Guru running in the background?
    peter9477 likes this.
    09-12-12 07:06 AM
    I don't understand what those black spikes are between 9 to 2 hours which I recorded with my PlayBook on standby and only Battery Guru app running.Also wifi and bluetooth were off. Does that mean some other app also running at intervals or is it due to Battery Guru running in the background?
    Whithout sounding like a i would have to think certain processes would be running even with it in standby. What those are I cant tell you there are a ton of people who can better tell you.
    I also think you can find the developers site on this site and i th8nk if you sent him a PM he would answer you directly.
    Sorry I couldn't be of better assistance just not that tech savy.
    09-12-12 07:53 AM
    Some nights I get those spikes and other nights its flat. You could try a reboot before bed to see if it continues. You could also look at the file to see how long those spikes lasted. Where any apps left open?

My screen shot is from last night. Mostly flat with a couple spikes. Tomorrow may be different.

Where are the percentage numbers in your screen shot?
    Attached Thumbnails Help..Can't understand this regarding battery guru..-img_00000185.jpg  
    neel69 likes this.
    09-12-12 08:18 AM
    While all apps may be closed, you could still have Android tasks running in the background. A reboot would fix that.
    09-12-12 08:34 AM
    (BG developer here...)

I have a theory about the spikes, and why as Chaddface says you don't always see them.

The OS updates the battery/power readings every 2 minutes. It's actually not precisely two minutes, maybe more like 122 seconds if I recall correctly, but in any case it is consistent.

Certain background processes occur at regular intervals, and may take more than a second or two to complete. Think email/calendar/contact synchronization, or even just on-board stuff like scanning the filesystem to clean up temporary files. Doesn't really matter what these are.

If the 2-minute sampling of readings happens to coincide with the periodic housekeeping processes, then you may see spikes some nights as those just happen to align.

Other nights, the periodic housekeeping may just happen to fall in the middle of the time between the 2-minute sampling points, in which case you could go the whole night and not see a single spike, even though the same work is occurring.
    esk369 and neel69 like this.
    09-12-12 09:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD