Folks,

Ok I got the bridge installed on the BB, after a LONG LONG struggle, but now I can not complete the pairing. I have a question. Do I need to have both the BB and the PB in discoverable mode? Or neither, or which? I have tried many combos and I just can't get it working! I have a 9650 on Verizon, formarly on version 6.0.0.524. I'm downgrading to 431 to see if that helps any. And yes I have rebooted both devices. Any suggestions?
    04-19-11 01:28 PM
    I turned my phones bluetooth on, and discovered from PB. Had to manually add it as the barcode wouldnt scan properly. A bit of a struggle, but i eventually got it.
    04-19-11 01:32 PM
    I have setup two 9650/PB combos.

On mine it was quick and painless.

On a co-workers it was weird, finally did a manual pairing, the phone asked for a security password from the PB. I found it by hitting the gear or settings icon on the main screen under the Bridge section. Bada bing.
    04-19-11 01:37 PM
    I have been on the phone with RIM for the past 80 minutes with the same problem. :-/

It seems you need to have them both on discoverable.
    04-19-11 01:38 PM
    I have a trouble ticket with RIM also, but I figured we are the better resource. RIM told me to stay away from CB.
    04-19-11 02:01 PM
    I have a trouble ticket with RIM also, but I figured we are the better resource. RIM told me to stay away from CB.
    To be honest, we probably ARE better resources as I don't think their techs know more than this community of users with actual experience.
    04-19-11 02:10 PM
    I can't get past "Looking for Blackberry Brid" (while the playbook says "waiting for a device"), and this is after they've found each other and offered up the same 6 digit code!
    04-19-11 02:16 PM
    same here... bridge doesnt work...
    lol went all the way to teer 3 support lol
    i have a bold 9800 on rogers with latest firmware version

tethering works tho.
    anyways mine has a burnt pixel, im taking this one back and getting another one lol. hes ganna call me back thursday and ill see how it goes. if we can get a fix going ill post it up here
    04-19-11 02:22 PM
    I was in a similar situation. Although when I rebooted the PB it is stuck in a constant booting screen for at least the past hour. Sucks. I just want my baby to work!
    04-19-11 02:33 PM
    Downgrading to 431 WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!! I now have bridge!!!!!!!!!!!!
    04-19-11 03:54 PM
    Downgrading to 431 WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!! I now have bridge!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You talking about the os on your phone? I am running 6.0.0.450 on my torch and can't get it to do.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-11 04:08 PM
    You talking about the os on your phone? I am running 6.0.0.450 on my torch and can't get it to do.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yes I had a leaked OS on my phone so I went back to the Verizon stock OS. Also I rebooted both the BB and the PB after the downgrade and then magically it worked.
    04-19-11 05:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD