Im doing my best to hold down the fort in a world of iPads here at my company. The one thing that gets me is the cables. My boss has a cable to hook his iPad up to EVERYTHING. Projectors, TVs, Computers, remote controls..you name it.

He always jokes "Hey man, just hook your playbook up to the projector and make your presentation"

I looked at the Crackberry store and perhaps I didnt look hard enough but all I see is HDMI to hook to the TV.

So I come to you community. I need to compete with cables.
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
    06-08-12 11:25 AM
    This one adapter added to your one cable should put you back in the game.

HP 530607-001 - Video Adapter - Converts HDMI Connection to VGA
    rarsen and onmyown like this.
    06-08-12 11:34 AM
    Great! So basically, I need to look for conversion cables from the HDMI.
    06-08-12 11:42 AM
    Or just get an hdmi to micro hdmi cable.
    06-08-12 11:51 AM
    There's been a lot of hit or miss with some of the conversion cables. This one has a proven track record here.

EDIT: I misread your first post. You will also need an HDMi to MicroHDMi cable. The micro end attaches to the PB, the regular HDMi or the VGA adapter will connect you to the other device.
    Last edited by TheScionicMan; 06-08-12 at 11:57 AM.
    06-08-12 11:53 AM
    Dont attend your funeral as a guy named Phil Shiffley
    LOL... I love that Ad!
    06-08-12 12:20 PM
    LOL... I love that Ad!

It made sense to me since I was complaining about cable.
    06-08-12 12:45 PM
    Im doing my best to hold down the fort in a world of iPads here at my company. The one thing that gets me is the cables. My boss has a cable to hook his iPad up to EVERYTHING. Projectors, TVs, Computers, remote controls..you name it.
    He always jokes "Hey man, just hook your playbook up to the projector and make your presentation"
    I looked at the Crackberry store and perhaps I didnt look hard enough but all I see is HDMI to hook to the TV.
    So he's a nerd with a TV, video Projector or computer screen that does not offer HDMI nor DVI inputs ?
    Man, you can laugh @ him in return !
    Now, for the DVI; around $3 will do : Adaptateur HDMI femelle - DVI-D mle 24+1 pins contacts or 24k: Amazon.fr: Informatique
    06-08-12 01:28 PM
    Anyone know of a good way to split-out the video and audio streams from an HDMI cable? I'd like to be able to pipe the audio into a PC line-in port on an older (pre-HDMI) LCD TV while directing the video into the TV's DVI port. I already have an HDMI-to-DVI converter, but it only handles the video part of the equation.

Suggestions appreciated...

RCK
    06-08-12 01:49 PM
    Hi

Posted from a previous thread - I use these all the time and they are fine....

Cable types/length/recommendation:

I have had the least grief (and sharpest picture) with the HDMI cables that have the fabric style covering - eg 1M XO PLATINUM HDMI TO HDMI Cable *New 1.4a Version: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics
    I also have various HDMI extension cables - eg 2M HDMI Extension Cable, Gold Plated, for the Microsoft Xbox 360: Amazon.co.uk: PC & Video Games
    Also you may need an HDMI Joiner/Coupler - eg Wired--up HDMI Female to Female Coupler Joiner Gold: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics - this is important if the client's projector just has an HDMI lead coming out of it, but the lead isn't long enough for where you want to stand

Cable length problem:

Don't know if there is an HDMI restriction on maximum length - have had a problem with one permanently-ceiling-mounted projector that already had a long HDMI cable plugged into it. Couldn't get it to work with my PlayBook, other people couldn't get it to work with their laptops. It worked fine on VGA mode with a laptop, as well as when the tech support guy stood on the table and plugged an HDMI laptop cable straight into it....
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    06-08-12 02:06 PM
    Anyone know of a good way to split-out the video and audio streams from an HDMI cable? I'd like to be able to pipe the audio into a PC line-in port on an older (pre-HDMI) LCD TV while directing the video into the TV's DVI port. I already have an HDMI-to-DVI converter, but it only handles the video part of the equation.

Suggestions appreciated...

RCK
    The least expensive way would probably be to use the headphone jack if you have rca audio inputs on the TV.
    Something like this:
    For only $1.54 each when QTY 50+ purchased - 1.5ft Premium 3.5mm Stereo Male to 2RCA Male 22AWG Cable (Gold Plated) - Black | Premium 3.5mm to RCA Audio Cables
    06-08-12 02:07 PM
    Awww I got moderated! What gives! ha
    06-08-12 02:28 PM
    Awww I got moderated! What gives! ha
    He did it.
    06-08-12 02:52 PM
    He saw something he shouldnt see!
    06-08-12 03:08 PM
    Great! So basically, I need to look for conversion cables from the HDMI.
    You could have your boss buy a projector made more recently.
    I just finished with a conference. We use an Epson 1775W, recently discontinued.
    Had one laptop connected by wireless network, another laptop connected through VGA and my Playbook connected through HDMI.
    Last edited by Angus_CB; 06-08-12 at 03:43 PM.
    onmyown likes this.
    06-08-12 03:40 PM

See this post
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...aybook-711066/
    06-08-12 04:15 PM
    Hi,

I successfully use the above stated HP converter on a mini HDMI cable when I have presentations on a VGA projector from my PlayBook. Some times need to reduce the resolution on the PlayBook to get the picture on the projector, maybe because it is an older one and not the same level of advanced technology.
    06-08-12 04:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD