I'm in the market for a new tablet (I have the ipad 2 already).I use a blackberry 9900 and Samsung skyrocket for work. I'm looking for something in the 7 inch form factor. I've been debating between the playbook and the samsung galaxy 7.0 plus tab. I tend to do a lot of reading through kindle (amazon) and I play a lot of words with friends. I also use netflix a lot. The playbook doesn't seem to have a lot of these features (please correct me if I'm wrong). Any input would be appreciated!
    01-22-12 10:14 PM
    I tend to do a lot of reading through kindle (amazon) and I play a lot of words with friends. I also use netflix a lot. Any input would be appreciated!
    those 2 things you want kinda put the playbook at a large disadvantage vs the galaxy.
    01-22-12 10:17 PM
    i friend if u looking for 7 inch tab i belive playbook is for u
    im android user i try all samsung tab 10.1 8.9 lte and back to playbook
    apps like netflix will soon arrived on pb u see :-)

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    01-22-12 10:20 PM
    You may also consider waiting to see how Asus' new Memo 370T pans out. It was announced as a 7" tablet with 1280x800 display and a Tegra 3 processor @ $250.

I think it's expected to be released Q2 2012 (it was just recently unveiled at the CES).
    01-22-12 10:21 PM
    You have a 9900 so getting a PB is a plus.
    01-22-12 10:31 PM
    As rmah pointed out, there will be quite a few 7-inchers with better specs soon. But the Playbook's selling point is not the specs. It's the OS.

"Once you go QNX, you never go back"

The major disadvantage is the lack of "big name" apps. But we should be seeing more of those coming. "Should", not "will".
    01-22-12 10:39 PM
    Thats the only thing that is scaring me away from the playbook. I had one when they first launched and found that there weren't a lot of apps for it that I would use on a daily basis yet. I was hoping that this might have changed... I know 2.0 isnt too far away and Ive been trying to read up on that as much as I can, but to what I understand is that its not going to bring the android market right away?
    01-23-12 09:30 AM
    I'm in the market for a new tablet (I have the ipad 2 already).I use a blackberry 9900 and Samsung skyrocket for work. I'm looking for something in the 7 inch form factor. I've been debating between the playbook and the samsung galaxy 7.0 plus tab. I tend to do a lot of reading through kindle (amazon) and I play a lot of words with friends. I also use netflix a lot. The playbook doesn't seem to have a lot of these features (please correct me if I'm wrong). Any input would be appreciated!
    Since you have a 9900 get a Playbook. The bridge function on it is amazing!
    I have heard really bad stuff about the Galaxy 7.0 plus tab...
    Hope this helps!
    01-23-12 10:00 AM
    Maybe a kindle fire would suit you.
    01-23-12 10:04 AM
    If you read through kindle, play a lot of games, watch netflix a lot, then I would concentrate your efforts in any platform that has all those features. You will be sadly disappointed if you think the PB can and will offer these features...they're not, and I'm personally glad they don't have those features you want, since I simply appreciate the PB for what it doesn't have.
    01-23-12 10:20 AM
    I have tried the kindle fire and found that it was sluggish and didn't like the layout of it at all. I love my Blackberry and was hoping to be swayed towards the Playbook, but think that I might have to go with the galaxy tab for now, and when the Playbook updates to 2.0 I might have to revisit?

@r0v3rT3N - what have you heard thats bad about the galaxy tab?
    01-23-12 10:29 AM
    Another "help me make up my mind" thread.
    Okay, I'll bite.
    First things first; I really like my PlayBook and would highly recommend it to anyone. However, in your case I think an Android tab might be a better match for the immediate future, unless you can live without your favorite apps for an indefinite amount of time. Of course, games like Dead Space, Rocket Storm, or Need For Speed can be fairly addicting too. While there isn't yet a Kindle app, PlayBook does have books via Kobo, but if you're invested much into the Kindle store you may be happy with a Fire.

I just find usefulness for BB Bridge and my sweet HD video cameras sometimes. When I was in your boat I went ahead and bought both PlayBook and Kindle Fire. I use the PlayBook a whole lot more often. Just my 2 cents!
    01-23-12 11:21 AM
    I have tried the kindle fire and found that it was sluggish and didn't like the layout of it at all. I love my Blackberry and was hoping to be swayed towards the Playbook, but think that I might have to go with the galaxy tab for now, and when the Playbook updates to 2.0 I might have to revisit?

@r0v3rT3N - what have you heard thats bad about the galaxy tab?
    See, that wasn't too difficult; what it all really boils down to is making a choice between the only two reasons that should be on the table when one is thinking about purchasing a tablet pc...do I want a mobil, coinless, arcade game playing device or do I want a mobil office? Me, I gave up playing games decades ago.
    01-23-12 11:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD