I was browsing Crackberry Playbook Forums. Battery was about 30%. When I hit the Back button the screen blanked to white with no touch screen response and no response either from reset button or hard reset buttons. I thought maybe the battery was down but when connected to charger I still get no response! What should I do? Its an original 64K I've been using daily since April. Thanks in advance.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-12 09:15 AM
    Plug it in using the original ac charger and leave it alone for about 2-4 hours.

Then try to simply power it on.

If that fails: Then press and hold the power button for 10-15 seconds. There may be the red led followed by nothing for another 10-15 seconds.

If that fails:

To REBOOT:
    Press and HOLD all three keys for about 10 - 20 seconds: PowerOn, VolUp and VolDown. Start with the PowerButton. If you hear a shutter type sound, you've taken a Screen Shoot and probably missed the PowerButton.

Try the Debrick method....

1) Turn your playbook OFF by holding down the power button
    2) Let your playbook sit for about 10 minutes as earlier suggested.
    3) After letting the PB sit (and still powered off) open up the Blackberry Desktop Software (the latest version)
    4) Once the Blackberry Desktop Software is opened, use the USB Cable and hook the PB to the PC.. THEN power on the Playbook
    5) A screen will show on your computer showing that the device cannot be found
    6) Click on Update. It will take awhile
    01-14-12 10:03 AM
    Thanks. While I'm waiting I've been reading Tips + Tricks for Newbies. There is lots of information for everyone. Well worth the time.

CanadianThomas and jafobabe like this.
    01-14-12 10:15 AM
    Yippee! Step 2 worked after 4hr. But I also had to remove and replug the charger before the red light appeared. It still is only at 46%. This is the first time I didn't get any low battery warning, so I'll try to be more careful. Does anyone know what the actual life of the battery might be?

01-14-12 02:07 PM
    Yay! Glad you got it fixed.... and a BIG Thank you to F2!
    Leave it charging till 100%. You won't get a low battery warning till around 10% when you are using it.
    Battery life or USAGE life varies with what you are doing... like browsing and game playing and watching videos.. varies widely.
    01-14-12 02:15 PM
    You can also get the Battery Guru App to keep an eye on the battery usage.
    01-14-12 02:18 PM
    You can also get the Battery Guru App to keep an eye on the battery usage.
    Will get the Battery Guru App ASAP. Forewarned is forearmed! I often get lost in reading.

01-14-12 02:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD