Hi Folks,

Looked into other threads but all problems seem to be related to older versions.

I am new to the whole Blackberry Lifestyle.

Currently own, Playbook (wireless) and Torch 9860 for about two weeks - enjoying them independently.

ANY HELP would be appreciated.

Just tried the Bridge function but the BBM does not work.

It is funny cause my Playbook does get a notification for any BBM I receive, the remote works, the contacts can be seen on playbook but when I click on BBM notification it I get a message "Your Version of Blackberry Messenger is not compatible with Blackberry Bridge. Download the latest version of BBM to use it on your playbook.

I did what I normally do - googled it. Found out the specs and I do have all updated apps.

On my 9860 I have

7.1.0 System
    Bridge 2.0.0.35
    BBM 6.1.0.55

This is not linked to BES or anything - purely personal.

I have already restarted my phone and playbook with no luck.

I am new, so not sure of the difference between stuff like hard set, shutdown etc etc or other technical terms - so would appreciate if you assume that I am a complete dummy.
    09-26-12 01:29 AM
    Hi Folks,

Looked into other threads but all problems seem to be related to older versions.

I am new to the whole Blackberry Lifestyle.

Currently own, Playbook (wireless) and Torch 9860 for about two weeks - enjoying them independently.

ANY HELP would be appreciated.

Just tried the Bridge function but the BBM does not work.

It is funny cause my Playbook does get a notification for any BBM I receive, the remote works, the contacts can be seen on playbook but when I click on BBM notification it I get a message "Your Version of Blackberry Messenger is not compatible with Blackberry Bridge. Download the latest version of BBM to use it on your playbook.

I did what I normally do - googled it. Found out the specs and I do have all updated apps.

On my 9860 I have

7.1.0 System
    Bridge 2.0.0.35
    BBM 6.1.0.55

This is not linked to BES or anything - purely personal.

I have already restarted my phone and playbook with no luck.

I am new, so not sure of the difference between stuff like hard set, shutdown etc etc or other technical terms - so would appreciate if you assume that I am a complete dummy.
    What carrier on you on?
    09-26-12 02:10 AM
    Etisalat - All the way in Dubai.

BBM works fine on 9860. But nothing through bridge on playbook.

Currently doing a hard reset on playbook and battery pull on 9860

will come back and report in 3 mins.
    09-26-12 02:24 AM
    Etisalat - All the way in Dubai.

BBM works fine on 9860. But nothing through bridge on playbook.

Currently doing a hard reset on playbook and battery pull on 9860

will come back and report in 3 mins.
    If the hard reset doesn't work I would try uninstalling your BlackBerry Bridge....then reintsall and see if that fixes it.
    09-26-12 02:27 AM
    Ok - All Works fine now.

It is BEAUTIFUL!!! Can't wait to get comfortable enough to use it in a professional setting.

Knock the socks off other gadget users - My first smart phone and my first tablet.

Back to the subject matter for those who may experience the same issue.

b1) Check your BBM list make sure none of your friends have special (funky) characters - rename them if they do.

2)

a) Do a hard reset for your playbook by pressing and holing on to the '+' '-' 'switch off' buttons simultaneous and keep them held down until playbook shutsdown compeletly.

b) Do a hard reset for your BB phone - remove the battery completely and leave it out during the time it takes for the playbook to start again.

this will take about three minutes - so take a break from your tech savvy life, close your eyes and pretend you on a tropical island with the perfect weather.

once you come back from your 3 minute vacation - all will be well with the world.

Hope it works for you.
    BigwhiteUK likes this.
    09-26-12 03:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD