I had my PB64 hooked up to my corporate Bold 9700 and everything was working fine - bridge and browsing etc. Then the 9700 died last weekend. So I asked them to order me a new 9900, which they did. But now, the bridge browser wont work. When I restarted the PB, the Bridge Browser icon disappeared from the BB Bridge list of icons.

The whole purpose of replacing the broke 9700 with another BB device was to be able to use the browser on the PB when not within WiFi range (otherwise I had the option to order an iphone 4S or any phone I wanted). What happened here? Am I not going to be able to use the bridge browser anymore?

Note: the PB is on 2.0.1.668 and the 9900 is on 7.0.0 Bundle 2392. And after activating the 9900 at work today, I installed the BB Bridge app thats available in the App World (may be I installed the wrong one? may be AT&T is blocking it now?)

Please advise!

Thanks.
    Last edited by fj_cruiser; 08-29-12 at 05:32 PM.
    08-29-12 05:26 PM
    You should be able to use the regular browser when bridged, not to mention many other apps. Have you tried that?
    08-29-12 05:30 PM
    You should be able to use the regular browser when bridged, not to mention many other apps. Have you tried that?
    Yes, I did try that. It says "Your wireless service provider does not support sharing your BB phone's internet connection with this tablet. You can use your BB smartphone to view this page".
    08-29-12 05:37 PM
    Brıdge browser? I taught there was only a brıdge browser on OS1 :/
    08-29-12 05:42 PM
    Did I screw myself by downloading the Bridge wirelessly on the 9900 directly from the App World? If that's the case, please advise how to rectify this situation. I know a little bit about the PB by reading the forum but despite using the BB phones for years, I know those less than I know the PB. So someone please help me uninstall (if thats whats necessary) this and reinstall the right bridge app on the 9900.

Thanks again!
    08-29-12 05:44 PM
    I dont know, I remember thats what that used to be called. And until recently, while the 9700 was still working, I would just use the regular PB browser to surf the internet when I was not in wifi range.
    08-29-12 05:47 PM
    Yes, I did try that. It says "Your wireless service provider does not support sharing your BB phone's internet connection with this tablet. You can use your BB smartphone to view this page".
    Delete the Bridge app from your BB. Go to http://rroyy.com/bridge/ from your BB browser and navigate to the correct Bridge version for your device. Install it and you should be good. Are you on ATT?

The Bridge Browser still exists for some BES users.
    fj_cruiser likes this.
    08-29-12 05:50 PM
    Delete the Bridge app from your BB. Go to RROYY - BlackBerry Bridge from your BB browser and navigate to the correct Bridge version for your device. Install it and you should be good. Are you on ATT?

The Bridge Browser still exists for some BES users.

Yes, the corporate issued 9900 is on ATT (just like the 9700 was). So, after following the link you gave, I should be selecting the "Blackberry Bridge (AT&T Ready)" link, right? Just confirming before I screw things up further
    08-29-12 05:56 PM
    Yes, the corporate issued 9900 is on ATT (just like the 9700 was). So, after following the link you gave, I should be selecting the "Blackberry Bridge (AT&T Ready)" link, right? Just confirming before I screw things up further
    Yes, I actually edited the link to point to the Bridge page now.
    fj_cruiser likes this.
    08-29-12 05:58 PM
    Go to RROYY - BlackBerry Bridge from your BB browser and navigate to the correct Bridge version for your device. Install it and you should be good.
    +1 Beat me to it.
    08-29-12 05:59 PM
    +1 Beat me to it.
    You can take the next one...
    08-29-12 06:00 PM
    Thanks Scionic dude; I will follow the instructions and post here how it goes. Thanks much again!
    08-29-12 06:01 PM
    You can take the next one...
    Race ya...more fun that way.
    08-29-12 06:02 PM
    Yep, that worked! Switched off the wifi on both devices and tested it; and its connecting. I noticed that the Bridge Browser icon re-appeared again in the Bridge folder. Also, I was expecting a significant bump in the speed going from the 3G 9700 to the 4G 9900... but looks like its pretty much the same. But cant complain though, I can at least continue using the PB for browsing when I dont have wifi connectivity. Thanks for your help ScionicMan!
    08-29-12 06:27 PM
    All thanks belong to rroyy. Watch this thread here for updates and bookmark that site on your BB for when Bridge gets updated.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...0-35-a-621230/

It's a shame that ATT does that and it makes it hard for RIM to advertise the bridge data feature without stirring up the carriers.
    fj_cruiser likes this.
    08-29-12 07:45 PM
    All thanks belong to rroyy. Watch this thread here for updates and bookmark that site on your BB for when Bridge gets updated.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...0-35-a-621230/

It's a shame that ATT does that and it makes it hard for RIM to advertise the bridge data feature without stirring up the carriers.
    Bookmark saved! And am not updating any $hit anymore without reading this forum first.... heck I wouldn't be with blackberry if it wasn't for this forum (and the physical keyboard). I joined this forum and used to be active here for a while when I bought the PB, and was still learning it, but then I lost touch for a while.

But to be honest, there's more to it than I realized. For the last 3 days without the BB (9700 broke on Sunday and got 9900 today, i.e. Wednesday) I felt like a fish outta water... I had added my work email/calendar/etc. onto my iphone 4S but man its just not the same.... (missed 2 meetings, couldn't type, etc.)... the iphone is great for reading stuff and playing around and killing time sitting on the toilet. For work though, I need the BB, period!

Unfortunate thing is, despite being a BB user for years, I have never used it for anything else but email, calendar, and conference calls.... so I never really learnt anything more than that about the OS, the hardware, and its capabilities. And until the PB came, I thought that BB was dead too.... not anymore!

After getting the PB, I wait patiently for BB10

And once again, many thanks for helping me out here!
    08-29-12 08:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD