Hello all, I'm new to Crackberry so 'hello all' ......
    I've had my Playbook for a while now but the same issues I'm having keep anoying me....are there any fixes to this or are others having the same problems....

1. BBM and new messages notifications keep increasing when i read messages, the notifications never go away!..currently I have 10+ BBM new messages but I've actually read them all!

2. Cannot send photos from BB Torch to Playbook via Bluetooth.....this cannot be not so ?!?!?!

3. My 'Internet' apps e.g. App World, Facebook app, Youtube, BBC iPlayer etc do not work when out of Wi Fi network???.....surely these should just switch over to BB 3G connection????? - i thought that was the point of the Bluetooth BB connectivity?!?!?!

4. Videos from BB do not work on Playbook - unsupported app?!?!?!

5. Audio .wav files do not play - unsupported app?!?!?!?

6. No mobile network coverage icon on Playbook - when my BB is in my pocket i cannot tell if I have a network connection or not?!!?!?!

sorry to blabber on but these are my frustrations which are causing me to think if the Playbook is actually a complete waste of money !!!!

Would love to hear if anyone can comment on these etc......

cheers.
    08-15-11 03:17 AM
    I've had my Playbook for a while now but the same issues I'm having keep anoying me....are there any fixes to this or are others having the same problems....

1. BBM and new messages notifications keep increasing when i read messages, the notifications never go away!..currently I have 10+ BBM new messages but I've actually read them all!
    There are some workaround like uninstalling Bridge, battery pull, reinstalling, re-pairing bridge, etc
    2. Cannot send photos from BB Torch to Playbook via Bluetooth.....this cannot be not so ?!?!?!
    I can do this just ok.
    3. My 'Internet' apps e.g. App World, Facebook app, Youtube, BBC iPlayer etc do not work when out of Wi Fi network???.....surely these should just switch over to BB 3G connection????? - i thought that was the point of the Bluetooth BB connectivity?!?!?!
    Currently, BB App World and Facebook app only works on WiFi. Others third-party app works on Internet Tethering. While on Bridge, u can only use app within the Bridge folder.
    Bridge files currently only support office docs (doc, xls, ppt)
    Bridge files currently only support office docs (doc, xls, ppt)
    6. No mobile network coverage icon on Playbook - when my BB is in my pocket i cannot tell if I have a network connection or not?!!?!?!
    No workaround I guess..

sorry to blabber on but these are my frustrations which are causing me to think if the Playbook is actually a complete waste of money !!!!
    Sell it on eBay, Craiglist, etc if you feel unsatisfied Won't harm anyone

cheers.

ps: welcome
    08-15-11 03:23 AM
    I would also like a phone radio indicator whilst Bridged also, replicate the wi fi one but change the colour to blue.

Thanks Rim. I know your listening... ;-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-11 03:28 AM
    Think a lot of those are no's to be honest, lets have a look:

Mine seems ok if i have the chat with that person open at the time, sometimes have to click on another person in my contacts and back again to clear it though. Not sure if youve got the latest bridge on your phone aswell but that did help on mine

The idea is that with bridge you can access them on the phone live, rather than storing them locally. Work around is to email them to yourself at the moment

To do that you need to tether rather than bridge, which requires the appropriate data plan on most networks. Seems daft when you say it like that, but thats how it was designed.

Fraid not, playbook media player doesnt support the bb video format

Not tried it so cant comment im afraid, all my music is in mp3/wma

That would be quite handy actually, but no there isnt. Saying that im in quite a good 3g area so i dont have too many connection issues

I wouldnt say the PB is a waste of money personally, i use mine every day. It has its problems as you say but it does a lot of other things quite well, im just fortunate that the things i use day to day are in that "other things" category.

Sorry its not better answers anyway
    chiefbroski likes this.
    08-15-11 03:31 AM
    I dunno, I can access all of my phone's photos easily without a hitch when bridged. I have them all stored on my memory card, when bridged you have the option to open the phone's internal memory files or memory card files, photos and documents are very easily accessible.

But audio files or videos files currently do not open on Playbook from BB while bridged. Perhaps another update is in order?
    08-15-11 03:47 AM

cheers.
    These are the issues that led me to return mine in the 14 day return period. Loved the hardware, but the rest of the experience was really weak. No apps., flakey bridge, no auto correct, no third party support. I returned it hoping that RIM would fix the issues that were bothering me. Looks like true to RIM form, nothing has been fixed.

Can't wait to see those third and fourth quarter sales.
    08-15-11 09:47 AM
    After trying to remove the false BBM notifications by deleting the bridge connection etc they are still there!!!.....and until RIM build into the device a direct connection into the corporate BES, and with they way that the 'wi-fi- apps dont work through the bridge connection I suppose I'm gonna have to live with it the way it is!!!.....
    Sadly for usability, my opinion is that the Andriod and ipad tablets are winning this race absolutely hands down!!!!!.....and thats very unfortunate for RIM considering that I love my BB Torch......
    08-16-11 12:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD