Best Buy has the Rocketfish stylus on sale today only for $4.99 ($16.99 MSRP). I don't really see a tremendous need for them, but they do keep your screens pretty much fingerprint free, and I have tested 3 other brands (my neighbor's), like the Bamboo, the Griffin, and a Pogo, and none of them work well at all, and are overpriced @$19.99 - $29.99. Anyway, I had a couple of $10.00 gift cards and bought 4. Oh, and the Rocketfish really works well, in that I can sweep up the screen and wake the PB, while the other more expensive brands couldn't do that, and the rubber tip is a lot firmer then the other brands leading me to suspect there will be a bit more longevity to the stylus tip.

Anyway, today only, so get your butts in gear if you thought about getting a stylus that really does work on the Playbook, and at $4.99, you can't beat that with a stick.
    01-01-12 10:31 AM
    I have the logiix stylus and it also wakes up the screen - it works but not well. I have to press too hard to scroll and use the keyboard. I would prefer a light touch. My phone works well with the stylus though... not sure why the playbook screen seems so insensitive to the stylus yet it is almost too sensitive for the finger, it seems to register a click many times when i want to scroll. That is frustrating. Hopefully scrolling from the bezel can be enabled, that would be awesome and help minimize fingerprints.

So the question, can you use your recommended stylus with a very light touch?
    Last edited by cathulu15; 01-01-12 at 01:04 PM.
    01-01-12 12:53 PM
    I have the logiix stylus and it also wakes up the screen - it works but not well. I have to press too hard to scroll and use the keyboard. I would prefer a light touch. My phone works well with the stylus though... not sure why the playbook screen seems so insensitive to the stylus yet it is almost too sensitive for the finger, it seems to register a click many times when i want to scroll. That is frustrating. Hopefully scrolling from the bezel can be enabled, that would be awesome and help minimize fingerprints.

So the question, can you use your recommended stylus with a yery light touch?
    Absolutely...the responsiveness of the stylus to the PB screen is almost as good as on my iPhone; only light touch needed, and at $4.99 it beats the hey out of that pricey $30.00 Bamboo which does NOT work on the PB.
    01-01-12 01:05 PM
    Nice find. Here is the link. Checked the Canadian site and it's not on sale for us up north
    01-01-12 01:06 PM
    Thanks, I will give that one a try.
    01-01-12 01:06 PM
    Best Buy has the Rocketfish stylus on sale today only for $4.99 ($16.99 MSRP). I don't really see a tremendous need for them, but they do keep your screens pretty much fingerprint free, and I have tested 3 other brands (my neighbor's), like the Bamboo, the Griffin, and a Pogo, and none of them work well at all, and are overpriced @$19.99 - $29.99. Anyway, I had a couple of $10.00 gift cards and bought 4. Oh, and the Rocketfish really works well, in that I can sweep up the screen and wake the PB, while the other more expensive brands couldn't do that, and the rubber tip is a lot firmer then the other brands leading me to suspect there will be a bit more longevity to the stylus tip.

Anyway, today only, so get your butts in gear if you thought about getting a stylus that really does work on the Playbook, and at $4.99, you can't beat that with a stick.
    I posted this in another thread, but yes @$5 the Rocketfish is better than the Pogo I used for my iPad. It slides well on the PB.

But I have to add that there's another forum member that showed notes from an Android app on the OS2 PB and the handwriting input method is better than the native PB input. Give it a try. I've since downgraded for stability, but there are a couple Android apps that work great in OS2 beta, and the handwriting trumps that of the PB native apps. Surprise surprise
    01-01-12 02:27 PM
    BTW, I forgot to mention that many styli manufacturers will tell you that the use of screen protectors may degrade the performance of their styli; not so with the Rocketfish, atleast in my case. I use the SGP Ultra Fine Mat screen protector, which by its very nature makes the screen much slicker then the naked glass itself, and the Rocketfish really glides nicely on that screen protector as if it were on ball bearings.
    01-01-12 02:31 PM
    i saw the add this morning and stopped by bb on lunch but they where out, hopped online and they where i stock with free shipping or ship to store. figured I couldnt go wrong for $5
    01-01-12 02:38 PM
    I grabbed the last one at my bb earlier today based on this thread. Thanks for the heads up!
    01-01-12 05:21 PM
    Yes, they were taken up quick...I bought 4, and left 3 behind.
    01-01-12 05:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD