Looking for Headphones For Travel

Hey i was wondering if anyone had and good sugestions on headphone for my playbook/bb. i dont want bluetooth just a good pair of wired that i can use,

im going be traveling out west and back every month no and the OEM ones just dont cut it plus i find they hurt my ear then there in for a long time

Thanx,
    Nick
    01-18-12 06:58 AM
    The Shure E215 headphones are great. But, if you are using a cover, like the convertible case, you will need to modify the hole in the cover for the headphone jack. The outer jacket of the plug is slightly too large to allow it to fully plug into the PlayBook. You only hear one channel.

The Shure E215 headphones are also expensive, but I think worth it.

--Ariel
    01-18-12 07:16 AM
    I have a set of Shure SE530's...certainly not the cheapest on the market but they're really fantastic.
    01-18-12 09:53 AM
    Do you need them with a microphone for use with a mobile phone as well? If so that reduces the choices. I've had a pretty good set from Sennheiser (died after 8 months), Klipsch (dog ate them). I now have a relatively cheap set from Sony and am watching responses to this thread while I consider my next move.

Currently I have most of my music on my 9810, so I need the mic, but I have movies on my Playbook, and will eventually put much of my music there too.

FYI, I believe there is a pretty good thread on this subject in the 9800 forum.
    01-18-12 10:04 AM
    Are the headphone jack inputs on the PB and Ipods the same?

Someone gifted me with a Philips headphone for Ipod and not sure if it will work on the PB without damaging anything.

Thanks.
    01-18-12 10:08 AM
    I found noise cancelling Sennheiser's at Costco a few years back. Very nice for reducing airplane engine noises and buses, too. Over the ear. I have not seen them since - kind of a cheaper man's version of the Bose. Also smaller. Batteries required for noise-cancellation but they pass through sound without batteries, too.
    01-18-12 10:12 AM
    Are the headphone jack inputs on the PB and Ipods the same?

Someone gifted me with a Philips headphone for Ipod and not sure if it will work on the PB without damaging anything.

Thanks.
    yeah they should work ok as long as the use the headphone jack and not the apple charging slot
    01-18-12 10:21 AM
    thanx for the info everyone

i got looking on amazon and found some alroght Jensen Jaxx Headphones

JAXX JHB811C In-Ear Headphones with Carrying Case (Black): Amazon.ca: Electronics
    01-18-12 10:22 AM
    If you want over the head phones these are the best bang for the buck. i like the Shure products for in ear buds.

http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica...bUvbUpU7042180
    01-18-12 11:53 AM
    Have some bose noise cancelling headphones as well...
    Paid some duckets for them, though...
    01-18-12 12:37 PM
    If you haven't bought any already and are willing to put down some cash for excellent headphones, get the BeyerDynamic DT770-Pro. $200, but, I guarantee you will hear things in movies/music that you haven't before. I use them for my music production.. they are comfortable, block out a lot of outside noise, and the sound is amazing.
    01-18-12 12:40 PM
    if you are not looking to spend big buck, ultimate ears 200vi is a nice alternative. Good sound for its price. Comes with a mic too so your bb can utilise it.
    01-18-12 12:44 PM
    this is a good option. if you want comfort, isolation and good sound, just get a good pair of closed headphones. The ones below are great. If you are looking for something cheaper, look into some of the Sennheisers.

If you haven't bought any already and are willing to put down some cash for excellent headphones, get the BeyerDynamic DT770-Pro. $200, but, I guarantee you will hear things in movies/music that you haven't before. I use them for my music production.. they are comfortable, block out a lot of outside noise, and the sound is amazing.
    01-18-12 12:51 PM
    Sennheiser PX 100 II for about $80 bucks is what I use for mobile headphones.

On ear with no noise cancellation, these cans are compact, light, discrete, very well made, and sound great.

Part 5: A Review of Four Compact Open Headphones – The Sennheiser PX 100-II. | Right Between Your Ears

Get the PX 200 11 if you want volume control and a little more isolation for an extra $30 bucks.
    Last edited by RetroAndreas; 01-18-12 at 03:33 PM.
    dbeir likes this.
    01-18-12 03:29 PM
    Looking for Headphones For Travel

Hey i was wondering if anyone had and good sugestions on headphone for my playbook/bb. i dont want bluetooth just a good pair of wired that i can use,

im going be traveling out west and back every month no and the OEM ones just dont cut it plus i find they hurt my ear then there in for a long time

Thanx,
    Nick
    I have these and they are great here's a link to them.
    Sennheiser HD 280 PRO Headphones with Noise Cancellation (Black): Amazon.ca: Electronics
    01-18-12 03:34 PM
    sony mdr7506. comfortable and very good for its price
    01-18-12 03:35 PM
    Sennheiser PX 100 II for about $80 bucks is what I use for mobile headphones.

On ear with no noise cancellation, these cans are compact, light, discrete, very well made, and sound great.

Part 5: A Review of Four Compact Open Headphones � The Sennheiser PX 100-II. | Right Between Your Ears

Get the PX 200 11 if you want volume control and a little more isolation for an extra $30 bucks.
    Might have just been a coincidence but when I clicked on that link my viurs scanner came up detecting an exploit java virus.
    01-18-12 03:58 PM
    I use BOSE earbuds, IMO....for the sound quality and price combination its one of the best
    01-18-12 04:03 PM
    I am enjoying my Klipsch earbuds. Would not reccomend them for jogging, they have considerable cable noise. Also they require a burn in period of 80 hrs. But I must say they sound incredible for the price.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-12 05:33 PM
    It depends on what type of earphones you want. In ear or over the ear.
    I use several sets for different purposes.
    Klipsch Image S4, VModa Remix, JVC Marshmallow and Sennheiser.
    The JCV Marshmallow are cheap and comfortable. The sound isn't as good as the Klipsch but I'm not too concerned about forgetting them on an airplane.
    All headphones sound and feel different to each individual. What I find comfortable may irritate your ears.
    01-18-12 07:54 PM
    If youre an audiophile, it's not necessarily the price but the lowest frequency response. All headphones have high frequency response, lots of treble, but you want to hear some bass so you want the smallest or lowest frequency response.
    01-18-12 08:16 PM
    I picked up the Bose QC15 over ear noise cancelling headphones just recently. Been holding out on buying a quality headphone set for a while and splurged a little more than I had originally planned

I must say they sound great and the noise cancellation is very good. I haven't gotten to use them on a plane as of yet but if you play with the in store setup (at noisy Best Buy) you might get an idea of how well they perform. I've used them around the house and the library a couple of times and they work well to reduce noise by themselves (for sleeping or studying) and even better if listening to music/movie/etc.

I went with an Over Ear set simply because they felt more comfortable for extended use. I must say that I am not an audiophile but do enjoy good music.

Anyways, if you can get over the sticker shock I would recommend them as would any of my family members or friends who have gotten to try them out. Everyone seems to enjoy them.. but then there's just that little thing of price!

Let us know what you end up getting!
    01-18-12 08:39 PM
    I'm very pleased with Altec Lansing - MUZX DNA Earbud Headphones esp for the $. Plenty of bass and good highs. Been using a set at work for about a year and just bought a second set recently for home. Ran Sony buds for years, one went out possibly to a frayed wire bc one side stopped working and the I misplaced.

Like one said, you don't need to spend a fortune, just finding a set that satisfies your ears is what you need. And if a $300 pair earphones is what it takes, then so be it.
    01-18-12 09:10 PM
    yeah they should work ok as long as the use the headphone jack and not the apple charging slot
    Thanks buddy.
    01-23-12 01:24 AM
    i use beats by solo.

i wish someone will make headphomes with vvolume control on hem like for iphines

sorry bqd englisj
    01-23-12 03:23 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD