Does the PlayBook have a stereo headphone jack?
    09-29-10 07:57 AM
    same question and...

does it have a card reader?
    09-29-10 08:45 AM
    How about Bluetooth stereo ?
    09-29-10 08:48 AM
    It will have a headphone jack.
    09-29-10 08:59 AM
    Thanks! That's a great photo. is the clip from Tron Legacy?
    09-29-10 03:00 PM
    I positively HATE that the headphone jack and audio controls are on the top of this device. I wish they were on one of the sides.

Other than that, I love it.
    09-29-10 04:20 PM
    Thanks! That's a great photo. is the clip from Tron Legacy?
    Yup. The movie is gonna be awesome!

I positively HATE that the headphone jack and audio controls are on the top of this device. I wish they were on one of the sides.

Don't care about the audio controls, but I agree that the headphone jack would be better place on a side, near the bottom.
    09-29-10 06:17 PM
    You bet! I've loved Tron since i saw it in the theater in 1982!
    09-29-10 07:43 PM

Although it was displayed mostly in landscape orientation, I am thinking if you don't like where the headphone jacks are, you can just turn the device to portrait mode, that's how I am going to hold it at least.
    09-29-10 07:59 PM
    ^ i found it interesting that most of the time in the 'screenshots,' preview thing and even the actual playbook displays it was shown in landscape orientation. there were very few instances i recall (the sync/tethering with the bb sequence, i think) that it was shown in portrait. i suppose this makes sense since most monitors/displays are setup this way. it's just interesting to me since the ipad is typically used portrait...

as to the headphone jack location, i think it's fine. i mean, on an ipod it's on the top right side. my 9650, it's on the top right corner (kind of). so meh, it works for me
    09-29-10 09:34 PM

Then turn it to portrait.

Does anyone else think the volume rocker in the middle makes it look like an old school briefcase?
    09-30-10 11:52 AM
    It's weird. I prefer portrait for mobile phones but on a larger device, I'm much happier in landscape mode, perhaps its because of the monitors/tv's for multimedia.

also, are you sure that's the headphone jack or just a power outlet?

The headphone jack just makes more sense for it being on the side. watching a movie with the cord hanging over the screen would suck arse! guess you can always turn it around...
    09-30-10 04:59 PM
    I'm sure the unit with charge via the micro USB port, just like the Berrys do. I'm shure that is a 1/8" stereo headphone conmecter, and i cant wait to see how well it drives my beloved Audio Technicas!
    09-30-10 05:36 PM
    I wonder if you can turn the whole thing so that is on the bottom, like the Storm that can go to landscape in either direction. It seems like a good place for it, IMO. On the sides would be more likely to interfere with your grip. You can always run the cord down the back and under.

I believe they said it also has charging points, so a dock would be the ideal way to charge.

I'm shure that is a 1/8" stereo headphone conmecter,
    Looks more like a 3.5mm jack to me...
    09-30-10 05:53 PM
    Looks more like a 3.5mm jack to me...
    My dear friend, 3.5mm is 1/8". Same was that 6.5mm is 1/4". Don't worry, you're both on the same wavelength
    12-20-10 06:41 PM
    My dear friend, 3.5mm is 1/8". Same was that 6.5mm is 1/4". Don't worry, you're both on the same wavelength
    Yeah, I know. That's why I added the little winky guy...
    12-20-10 09:54 PM
    All is know is I want one! Playbook, that is, not a 1/8" jack! When is the thing coming out?
    12-20-10 10:11 PM
    All is know is I want one! Playbook, that is, not a 1/8" jack! When is the thing coming out?
    We don't know. All we're getting is 1/8" jacked around by Mike.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-10 01:11 AM

Don't care about the audio controls, but I agree that the headphone jack would be better place on a side, near the bottom.
    Hold it in portrait... then its on the side and bottom!
    12-23-10 05:54 AM

Uhhh, flip it over?

No matter where they put the controls of jacks, someone isn't gonna be happy about it. The main fact is that it has a plug for a headset, and controls are reasonably accessible.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by BergerKing; 12-23-10 at 07:00 AM.
    12-23-10 06:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD