Has anyone used a portable headphone amp to increase the Playbook's bass? Given the rather thin bass in the music player and lack of equaliser, I am wondering if an amp would help, even a basic Fiio one.
    07-27-12 11:59 PM
    I got the E11...

Initially was going to get the E6, because of the tiny size and the fact that it had a clip so that I can attach it easily to my PB cover.... But it didn't sound that good when I tested it...

Then I tried the E11, and it sounded alot better with the preset EQs... Big difference imo and still at a decent price....also liked the rotary volume control. It's bigger than the E6, still portable too, charge lasts long.... Just need to figure how to attach to my cover....thinking velcro or get those leather portfolio covers with the internal pockets to slide in the amp.

Didn't bother with the E17 as the PB doesn't need the DAC, similar amperage power, and higher $$$.

Hope this helps.

Former iphone user.
    Buck2245 likes this.
    07-28-12 12:52 AM
    A headphone amp will improve the sound (depth, bass, warmth, etc...) of almost any decent pair of headphones when listening to music from a portable device. Don't expect much difference if you are using a crap pair of ear buds (like those that come with the ipod) since they are very low impedance and don't require much to drive em'.
    I have tried a few different fiio's, they are okay, but I prefer the pa2v2.
    07-28-12 09:45 AM
    Don't use headphones...got it plugged into Klipsch Pro Media 2.1s...plenty of bass ask my neighbors
    07-28-12 01:58 PM
    Don't use headphones...got it plugged into Klipsch Pro Media 2.1s...plenty of bass ask my neighbors
    OH! Are you the one down the block?
    07-28-12 02:11 PM
    Oops F2 did I break your window? I'll try not to play Dark Side Of The Moon so often
    07-28-12 02:47 PM
    Oops F2 did I break your window? I'll try not to play Dark Side Of The Moon so often
    And here I thought that heavy rumbling was them finally picking up the garbage!!! (we have a garbage strike this here way!). But I would prefer Moonlight Sonata if I could choose.
    07-28-12 03:59 PM
    Hmm...don't have any Beethoven on PB...must remedy that...will start with Toccata and Fugue in F...here goes!
    07-28-12 05:25 PM
    Much more pleasant as I depart for a walk around Greenlake.
    07-28-12 06:06 PM
    If I was to take a stroll around our local pond I think it would be Ravel's Bolero...have a nice one F2.
    07-29-12 12:23 AM
    That could be fine as an accompaniment but probably too short. I use my Moto S9's with either the pb or the 9930. The other day it was the Brahms Piano Concerto.

Unfortunately, the pb does not distinguish between the two pair of S9's that I have unless I get into their arcane BT addresses! On the 9930 I can rename them using their property dialog.
    07-29-12 01:07 AM
    Thanks back 2 black and jononku. Thats what I was hoping to read. Having a Cowon d2 I am spoilt, but I had hoped that the Playbook might do something similar, after all both have Wolfson DACs. If the BB10 doesn't deliver, I guess I will investigate portable amps for those moments when the D2 isn't at hand.
    07-30-12 03:59 AM
    I just use a good headphone, or my home cinema entertainment sound system made for partys my neighbours love it

Or use Pacemaker to increase the bass
    07-30-12 11:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD