Ok so first off, I love my Playbook. Infact I bought 3 more Playbooks for this years Christmas, because I'd thought it'd make wonderful gifts.

Although I just bought 2 new HDTVs. One was an LCD, and the other was a 3D Plasma... only because it was the only 2 I could get my hands on for Black Friday. Anyways, no issues with the LCD, but the Plasma is a hole other story. Now seeing how it is a Plasma, I can't seem to be have my Playbook in the same room as it. Seeing how when both are on, my Playbook goes berserk!
    Now it's a 51" Plasma, and it kills me to know I can't use my HDMI on it... Atleast with my Playbook. Is there anything I can do to resolve this issue, or am I screwed on this part (yes I'm planning on calling support)?
    11-26-11 01:05 PM
    What do you mean 'berserk'? Mine displays beautifully on my 50" Samsung plasma.... only thing better would be functional DLNA...
    11-26-11 01:16 PM
    Well I don't want to make a video of it, because I'm afraid of any type of damage. Anyways, here's a link to exactly the same issue I've been getting with my HDTV and Playbook. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...a-ball-644942/
    11-26-11 01:28 PM
    I'll chime in and add that I have no problem with my 42" Panasonic Plasma.

That video is pretty freaky with the plasma ball. Never heard of that before.
    11-26-11 01:47 PM
    I have a 50 inch samsung plasma and don't have those troubles. I do have have that problem when I put the PB too close to where we charge everything.

When you say it can't be in the same room what distance are you talking about? Sounds like the power supply for the tv isn't sheilded correctly. What brand of TV is it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-11 02:03 PM
    Are you powering from the same wall socket?

I guess there is always the "tin foil hat" Maybe you can place a foil shield between the pb and the tv (without interfering with its wifi)???

Thinking about it - I'm not sure I'd want to be in the same room with that tv!!!!
    11-26-11 02:19 PM
    i own a 50 inch samsung plasma and i never have that issue when i connect it to the PlayBook or ever when im on the sofa using the PlayBook. my tv is not 3D so i wonder if its just the 3D side of thing that its making it goes beserk...
    11-26-11 02:49 PM
    Well when I first got it, I plugged it in without a ferrite on the HDMI (First Plasma setup). So maybe that started the buggy effect. Anyways, it seems to work in the same room, after I turned it off for awhile.
    I haven't tried getting close or plugging it in again, but I'm sure it was because of the ferrite. Also, I've noticed the buggy effect when I'm nearby to be worse.

Anyways, my warning to you Playbook owners/seekers... read the manual, and thanks for reading.
    11-26-11 04:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD