Hello guys,

Im gonna go straight to the point:

I was watching a movie on my playbook connected through the hdmi, and all of a sudden it stopped working. The hdmi icon is still active on my playbook but the tv doesnt recognize it. Tried different tv's, different set ups, nothings working.

Anyone know whats this about? Will i have to change pb?

Wtf RIM seriously... Every week a new problem either with my bb or playbook.. For what its worth, after 3 years+ with RIM, ill switch to apple. At least i can have pokerstars on there.

Cheers guys
    04-04-12 03:55 PM
    Did you try another HDMI cable. My cables have crapped out on a couple of times(cheap cables).
    04-04-12 04:12 PM
    I doubt it's your PlayBook, however if it is it's most likely the HDMI port.
    Try using a different cable, you probably have a faulty one...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using the CrackBerry Forums Application
    04-04-12 04:16 PM
    Hello guys,

Im gonna go straight to the point:

I was watching a movie on my playbook connected through the hdmi, and all of a sudden it stopped working. The hdmi icon is still active on my playbook but the tv doesnt recognize it. Tried different tv's, different set ups, nothings working.

Anyone know whats this about? Will i have to change pb?

Wtf RIM seriously... Every week a new problem either with my bb or playbook.. For what its worth, after 3 years+ with RIM, ill switch to apple. At least i can have pokerstars on there.

Cheers guys
    Are you seriously asking for help to troubleshoot the HDMI issue, or already making the switch to apple?
    04-04-12 04:17 PM
    Ill have to buy a new one... But dammit no device in the history of mankind gave me as much problems as blackberries and playbook did.. I feel like a dumbass to have kept trusting them for so long, if its not the cable its the port, if its not the port its the screen, if its not the screen its something else.

im frustrated right now.
    04-04-12 04:18 PM
    Forgot to thank you guys sorry.. Thanks for the replies im just really pissed.

I havemt made the switch yet, i hate apple with a passion. Ill give this one more chance
    04-04-12 04:19 PM
    Try a new cable before getting all worked up. I have had two fail. Surprisingly the cheap one I bought from mono price is still working.
    04-04-12 04:25 PM
    Thanks man.. Its just that my hardrive broke yesterday and playbook is all i have left for work.. And now this..

I really hope i never cross those 2 jokers, man will they be sorry
    04-04-12 04:28 PM
    i had a similar issue with my previous PB, contacted RIM two weeks, told them i was having a heck of time connecting and such.
    Long story short, they had me send the PB to them, they couldnt fix the port, so they sent me out a new PB (probably refurbished.)

It might be something worth looking into.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using the CB App!
    Carl Estes likes this.
    04-04-12 04:34 PM
    Sorry bro but that i cant afford to lose a few hours let alone a couple of weeks.

I bought the playbook when i lived in the uk but moved back to italy recently.

Post service 3rd world tier here, as is every other service to be honest. + i have only seen ONE playbook in the dozens of shops i visited to find my mini hdmi back when i bought it.
    04-04-12 04:40 PM
    "Post service 3rd world tier here, as is every other service to be honest. + i have only seen ONE playbook in the dozens of shops i visited to find my mini hdmi back when i bought it. "

ah, but your Dolomites are First Rate.

Have you tried rebooting using one of the methods below? How about powering on/off the tv? Selecting/deselecting the hdmi port? Actually UNplugging the tv. I have read that hdmi can sometimes just go out of sync.

To fix an issue, try these in order:

Restart using the Battery Icon and press Restart

Press and hold the Power button for 10-15 seconds. Then leave it for 20-30 seconds and see if it restarts.

To REBOOT:
    Press and HOLD all three keys for about 10 - 20 seconds: PowerOn, VolUp and VolDown. Start with the PowerButton. Keep holding past the 3-choice options screen. If you hear a shutter type sound, you've taken a Screen Shot and probably missed the PowerButton.
    04-04-12 06:46 PM
    The problem is the html driver is defective, BB has know about this since the last update, sometimes it works for a while but they know it's defective and their developers still have not fixed the issue and probably won't until they decide if there going to continue the Playbooks lr not but you did nothing wrong other than installing the last update. I have a friend who just bought one and it still had the od os, worked fne but when the installed 2.0.1 ig did the same thing, worked for a few minutes and then died.
    05-17-13 04:49 PM
    The problem is the html driver is defective, BB has know about this since the last update, sometimes it works for a while but they know it's defective and their developers still have not fixed the issue and probably won't until they decide if there going to continue the Playbooks lr not but you did nothing wrong other than installing the last update. I have a friend who just bought one and it still had the od os, worked fne but when the installed 2.0.1 ig did the same thing, worked for a few minutes and then died.
    Hi ! Do we have any news about that ?
    I downgraded my PB to OS 2.1.0.1282, tried a new hdmi cable, with 2 different TVs, tried to reboot the PB and the TV. Nothing solved my problem: the TV recognizes the playbook connected via hdmi, but still doesn't display what's on my playbook. The TV says "impossible to display this video format"
    02-23-14 06:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD