In the middle of watching a movie the Hdmi connection was lost. I tried 3 different TV's, and 3 reboots., nothing. I purchased 2 new Hdmi cables, same results, no connection. I contacted tech support and was told that my warranty had expired. I told them that I would pay to have it fixed but was told that there was nothing that they could do. This is BS!!! Anyone else with the same issue? Anyone with a cure?

Posted via CB10
    11-25-13 10:19 AM
    In the middle of watching a movie the Hdmi connection was lost. I tried 3 different TV's, and 3 reboots., nothing. I purchased 2 new Hdmi cables, same results, no connection. I contacted tech support and was told that my warranty had expired. I told them that I would pay to have it fixed but was told that there was nothing that they could do. This is BS!!! Anyone else with the same issue? Anyone with a cure?

Posted via CB10
    Same movie or all movies?
    crackbb10 likes this.
    11-25-13 10:24 AM

Posted via CB10
    Sounds like a hardware issue.

You could try to wipe the device and reload the OS... that would clear any problem settings.

As for BlackBerry fixing the issue.... if it is out of warranty, it is out of warranty. You said you would pay to have it repaired, well a repair like that along with shipping could easily be in the hundreds of dollars. Maybe it is just a lose port and an easy fix - or maybe it is a chip that is burned out.

With PlayBooks selling for $125 - $175 new based on storage size... and factoring in the age and limitations of the devices, don't imagine many are going the repair route. Depending on where you live, see if there is someone local that does repairs to cellphones. They could let you know if it is worth pursuing.
    11-25-13 10:39 AM

Posted via CB10
    Were these regular restarts or the hardware restart (power+volume up+volume- together)? Do you use the HDMI feature alot or not very often? Sounds like a hardware problem if it gave up the ghost in the middle...
    Carl Estes likes this.
    11-25-13 11:14 AM
    The only way I know of to isolate hardware from software/os issues on this is to Copy backup all docs, music, movie, images and such and try a Security wipe, a bit of a pain, but not to bad in real time.

First try the 3 button reset, if that doesn't do the trick, then you have to go to the next step, Security wipe.

c
    11-26-13 12:31 PM