So I bought a Mini HDMI cable for my playbook, but when i connected it to my TV I was disappointed. I don't know if it's the cable or the Playbook, but the picture on the TV looks like 360p when it should be 1080p ( My TV is 40" 1080p Samsung). Also the top is cut off by like a few centimeters. The worst part is when you see the video, the quality isn't very good. For instance, you can see the pixels move around (Like 240p).

Is there anything in the Playbook's setting that can be tweaked so the whole picture can fit perfectly on my TV?
    04-10-12 09:52 PM
    yes there's an option in setting to make it fill the whole screen.
    04-10-12 10:00 PM
    Hi rupam - have you checked out page 47 of the user guide?

eg Mirror Mode, Aspect Ratio, Display Mode

The quality of the image on the TV has always been pretty good for me (except when I try to play a movie that was ripped in 320x240 not 1024x768!)

Hope this helps

Alex
    04-10-12 10:03 PM
    Well while I'm no expert, I'd say it was either your video source or the cable. I've used the hdmi cable a lot to stream from, say, Rogers. The picture is full screen, great picture. So I'd say that one of the components you have isn't up to snuff.

HTH
    04-10-12 10:05 PM
    Click on the HDMI tab in in the "settings". You will find what you're looking for.
    04-10-12 10:20 PM
    C5000 series? Both 42" and 32" are like that here...

I noticed that too. It's nowhere neer as good as on videos, but now that you posted this, I have a feeling the TVs are to blame.

Videos and pictures are just fine, but NFS and Dead Space are no where near in image quality.
    04-10-12 10:29 PM
    Try playing the HD Demo that came with the pb - the one with the turtle. How's its quality?

If you have a low quality video file, the pb cannot be expected to enhance it.

Or as others have noted, cable?
    04-10-12 10:36 PM
    lol I love how that 'HD demo vid' is universally referred to as the turtle video. That turtle scene really does get everyone!
    Canuck671 likes this.
    04-10-12 10:45 PM
    Mine works fine and looks great.
    04-10-12 10:56 PM
    I'd say that one of the components you have isn't up to snuff.
    04-11-12 01:36 AM
    It's not the cable. HDMI is a digital connection. It either works or it doesn't.
    04-11-12 05:08 AM
    Is there a chance that someone has changed the TV settings for that particular input? HDMI usually does a great job of syncing to a source, so it should take a second or two to get a picture and then it is fine.
    04-11-12 08:15 AM
    Hi rupam - have you checked out page 47 of the user guide?

eg Mirror Mode, Aspect Ratio, Display Mode

The quality of the image on the TV has always been pretty good for me (except when I try to play a movie that was ripped in 320x240 not 1024x768!)

Hope this helps

Alex
    We dont need no stinkin manuals!!

04-11-12 08:25 AM
    I sent my TV to "Just Scan" its in the Aspect Ratio under Picture setting of my LG. The screen always had a tiny bit cut off but the Just Scan setting just takes the signal and displays it.

Aspect Ration on PB is "Fill"
    04-11-12 08:35 AM
    I sent my TV to "Just Scan" its in the Aspect Ratio under Picture setting of my LG. The screen always had a tiny bit cut off but the Just Scan setting just takes the signal and displays it.

Aspect Ration on PB is "Fill"
    I was using mine with stretch... I am not sure my TV allows me to change anything but I'll check and post back.
    04-11-12 09:12 AM
    I have a Sammy tv and I have my PB connected to my Denon receiver and what I had to do was play with some of the settings on the tv, and then it went edge to edge and everything was jaw dropping. The turtle video on the TV looks phenomenal especially when upped to 120. So life life...
    04-11-12 09:28 AM
    It's not the cable. HDMI is a digital connection. It either works or it doesn't.
    Err, not entirely true...I bought a cheapie off ebay and it didn't work, but did everything it should. Bought a decent one and everything works. It is well documented on these forums that you need a high quality cable.

Also, some TV's allow you to move the picture up and down a little suing the cursors so that its not cropped

Cheers
    Last edited by tinker2000; 04-11-12 at 11:38 AM.
    04-11-12 11:36 AM
    Err, not entirely true...I bought a cheapie off ebay and it didn't work, but did everything it should. Bought a decent one and everything works. It is well documented on these forums that you need a high quality cable.

Also, some TV's allow you to move the picture up and down a little suing the cursors so that its not cropped

Cheers
    Yes, the HDMI cablew DOES matter.
    Some have better "transmit speeds", for lack of a better phrase. I tried a "Cheapy "cable made in someplace else other than the USA (wink, wink, wink,).

Spend a couple extra dollars and you will be rewarded. I run the 6 foot from BB, and also have 2 adapter mating 2 10 foot HDMI cables (for a total run of 26 feet), and it all work perfectly. BB specs the HDMI output to a 6 foot cable only, BUT if you spend the extra money and get a HIGH QUALITY cable with High speed rating, you won't have any issues.

C
    04-11-12 12:31 PM
    Works great on my Panasonic Viera tv... Did adjust settings so it would fill screen. I recommend the HDTV Calibration app if you haven't tried it.
    04-11-12 05:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD