Hey all,

Just wondering if theres anything special were looking at the wire for the playbook HDMI out?

I've been looking at this:

Micro HDMI Cable for Blackberry Playbook Motorola Xoom | eBay

Would this work just as fine, as any other cable that we see for the price of 30$?

Thanks
    06-12-11 04:30 PM
    What I chose to do (because Im cheap ) is buy a standard hdmi cable off Ebay for like 6 bucks. I then found an hdmi to micro-hdmi converter off Amazon for 5 bucks. Still waiting on the converter so Im not sure how the resolution will look but its definitely cheaper than the $30+ that everyone seems to want for their cables.
    06-12-11 04:33 PM
    What I chose to do (because Im cheap ) is buy a standard hdmi cable off Ebay for like 6 bucks. I then found an hdmi to micro-hdmi converter off Amazon for 5 bucks. Still waiting on the converter so Im not sure how the resolution will look but its definitely cheaper than the $30+ that everyone seems to want for their cables.
    I went with this as well, by definition there can never be quality differences on a digital cable

But having a heavier 'double' connector is more vulnerable to disconnecting though, which makes something like NFS a bit of a challenge

No problem for me, but if its your goal to have the pb for some heavy moving around while connected, a more expensive 'dedicated' cable could be worth the investment!
    06-12-11 04:53 PM
    search ebay and you can find some inexpensive micro ones. I bought a package that had the cable, earphones and charger for less than $10. For now I do not plan on using the HDMI to TV feature often so I was not interested in buying a deluxe cable for the tv connection. The one I bought provided good quality on my HDTV.
    06-12-11 05:01 PM
    they don't have to be expensive to work nor have multiple parts to be cheap. Check out monoprice.com I bought a 15ft and a 6ft HDMI to microHDMI cable and with shipping, they came to around 20 bucks, combined. I left the 15 footer at the hotel the first time I used it and it almost would have been cheaper to buy a new one than what they charged me to ship it from the motel...
    06-12-11 05:01 PM
    they don't have to be expensive to work nor have multiple parts to be cheap. Check out monoprice.com I bought a 15ft and a 6ft HDMI to microHDMI cable and with shipping, they came to around 20 bucks, combined. I left the 15 footer at the hotel the first time I used it and it almost would have been cheaper to buy a new one than what they charged me to ship it from the motel...
    I used them as well. They are good to deal with and the cables work great.
    06-12-11 05:12 PM
    So you spent $11 for a cable that you could've had for less? Sometimes, when you're trying to be cheap, you end up spending more money LOL

10ft Micro-HDMI (Type D) to HDMI (Type A) Adapter Cable w/Ferrite Core - Black | Micro-HDMI to HDMI Cables

Good luck with that adapter by the way, you're probably gonna need it since they tend to be very flaky when there's a lot of movement.
    06-12-11 05:29 PM
    This is the one I got and it was cheaper when I got it. I don't know why people go to stores and pay anything more than $20 for these cables.

Amazon.com: Menotek Gold Plated Micro HDMI to HDMI High Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet Cat 2/Category 2 + Ethernet and 3D and Audio Return Channel 1080P (6 feet): Electronics

Works great!
    06-12-11 05:47 PM
    I bought my hdmi cable right here on the crackberry store.... The one that cost 19,99$... You guys should buy a good cable because it might be good for future devices... I mean the playbook is not the only device that have hdmi out so it might come handy later on...
    06-12-11 06:06 PM
    *N82E16882754026
    IOGEAR GHDMI3402 HDMI type A to HDMI Micro Type D
    $12.99 with free shipping
    This item from newegg.com works very well
    06-12-11 08:08 PM
    I got a microHDMI cable from Amazon for $1 + $3 S&H. It said it was for an HTC Evo, but decided to give it a try and it worked great.
    06-12-11 08:35 PM
    Just get a cheap one from monoprice. the beauty of HDMI is that the only time video degrades over cheap cables is when the cables are so bad that nothing can get through. Buying $60 Monster cables was debatable for component, but downright stupid, unless you're stringing 60' of cable.
    06-13-11 01:25 AM
    06-13-11 05:52 AM
    So you spent $11 for a cable that you could've had for less? Sometimes, when you're trying to be cheap, you end up spending more money LOL
    $11 < $30

Math is hard.

I paid $11 - you found it for $8. OH NOES $3 bucks.

Good luck with that adapter by the way, you're probably gonna need it since they tend to be very flaky when there's a lot of movement.
    Movement? What are you doing jumping jacks while you are streaming? I dont know about you but I put the thing down when Im using it like that.
    06-13-11 06:50 AM
    Thats actually a good deal right there. Will book mark that.
    06-13-11 06:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD