12-02-12 12:07 AM
39 12
tools
    Tried many cables and still no use...even those from Crackberry. Over warrantee so how does one repair this issue, sure its the port for some reason...
    Have you tried another tv. But in any event, the pb has not been out for a year, so even if purchased on the first day, you should still have a warranty if the original purchaser/owner

Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    Email: playbooksupport@blackberry.com
    (UK Support) 0800 096 2805

Playbook French Support
    http://fr.blackberry.com/playbook-ta...ok-support.jsp
    Phone : 0800 914 533 (within 90 days from activation)
    03-15-12 03:01 PM
    This is gettin redicolous. I have two playbooks and they both have hdmi problems. My first playbook had hdmi issues, whereas the playbook recognizes the tv, but the tv does not display any video and audio. Had it rma'd and it worked fine until about a month ago when my rma'd playbook experienced the same problem again. This time though they wanted me to send it back to rim for repair.

While the first playbook is back at rim getting repaired, my second playbook just gave me the exact same probelm with the hdmi! The second playbook (like the first) just crapped out on me when i had it connected to my tv. I do not have any explanation as to why it broke.
    Could it be the cable itself? Could a cable short out the hdmi port?
    03-20-12 02:31 PM
    Could that tv has a problematic hdmi port, itself?
    03-20-12 05:07 PM
    I've tried out several tv's comparing the non-working playbook with the working one. And the playbook's hdmi stopped working on different tv when it was connected. The tv's doesnt seem to be the issue
    03-20-12 05:13 PM
    Make sure you switch the TV's input to what ever HDMI port you are using. If that doesn't so the trick buy this HDMI cable. I have use this cable for several HD TVs. I use a ten foot cable so length shouldn't matter. Hope this helps!
    03-20-12 05:24 PM
    Same problem here in Ottawa Canada.
    I had my original playbook which was replaced after 10months for a defective screen. That playbooks hdmi worked perfect on all my tv's and monitors. Never an issue.
    RIM sent me a new playbook in February 2012. The hdmi would never work. The playbook recognizes the TV it is connected to in the settings - but wont project picture or sound. I waited a month and ordered a bunch of new hdmi cables hoping that was the cause. But still doesnt work.
    Im on the phone with RIM right now and they instantly agreed to issue me an RMA without even asking me to go through the whole "reload your os and reboot etc etc".
    Cant complain about the support team except the phone call takes about 50minutes by the time you speak to 3 different teams.
    I hate HDMI. Its convenient, but way too complicated. You'll see this as technology advances and you have 10 different HDMI cables that look the same, but half of them work.
    Adam
    04-03-12 10:53 AM
    Hi Everyone,

I just got off the phone with RIM support.
    I RMA'd one of my 2 playbooks for a faulty HDMI port last week. Both are less than eight months old and were used very lightly.
    I am more upset over my daughter's PB not functioning properly than mine.
    The port never held the cable securely, there was a lot of play in both PBs HDMI ports, out of the box.
    The cable or TV or monitor was never the issue. Both PBs HDMIs stopped working.
    Surely a bad batch, QCing of the PBs must be very sloppy at the factory.

I was notified via email that my PB has a faulty HDMI port, it would cost me $125.00 to repair the PB, or I could have it sent back to me as is. When I asked how the decision was made, as to which customers pay for repairs and which are exempt from the fee. I was informed the repair technician makes the decision. They could not provide me the criteria which dictated the decision. I am not impressed.

The company I work for have over 400 iPads being used by our sales team. PBs were being considered to be supported in the field. The company was purchased by a Bank recently, which increased the sales field from 1000 to 10,000 potential mobile users. I create instructional videos, by capturing the Mobile device screen on my PC or Laptop in real time, and provide tech support for all proprietary software.

The discount price of the PB was a great deal for me and my daughter, to get a jump on familiarizing myself with the PB for work, and for personal use. The iPad is too big to be called mobile, imho.

RIM, it will be very hard for me to provide any positive feedback for PBs, if I am asked if we should support PBs in the field, after the way my daughter and I have been treated.

Have a nice day.
    08-15-12 01:10 PM
    pffffttt I am an .
    I bought a 3rd Playbook, 3rd mini HDMI port to crap out.
    I am done with RIM.
    10-17-12 12:46 PM
    Here's a thought, maybe it's your tv! After 3 pb's and 3 cables, it's either your tv or the guy plugging it in. RIM can't be there to spoon feed everyone.
    10-17-12 12:49 PM
    I have 2 HDMI cables. One is tight in the port and works fine, the other is loose in the port and I lose the signal if I move it too much. I only use the plug that fits tight in the port to prevent damage to the port. These two cables fit the same way in two different PB's.

Don't use a cable that is loose in the port.
    Last edited by Chaddface; 10-17-12 at 02:17 PM.
    10-17-12 01:06 PM
    Try switching to lower resolutions - worked for me.
    10-17-12 01:51 PM
    i had a very similiar problem. i posted it on bbforum HDMI to HD tv problems - BlackBerry Forums Support Community

they have issued me an rma
    The link to the site itself you provided contains a Blackhole Exploit Kit Detection (browser exploit malware installer)
    12-01-12 09:47 PM
    Hi Everyone,

I just got off the phone with RIM support.
    I RMA'd one of my 2 playbooks for a faulty HDMI port last week. Both are less than eight months old and were used very lightly.
    I am more upset over my daughter's PB not functioning properly than mine.
    The port never held the cable securely, there was a lot of play in both PBs HDMI ports, out of the box.
    The cable or TV or monitor was never the issue. Both PBs HDMIs stopped working.
    Surely a bad batch, QCing of the PBs must be very sloppy at the factory.

I was notified via email that my PB has a faulty HDMI port, it would cost me $125.00 to repair the PB, or I could have it sent back to me as is. When I asked how the decision was made, as to which customers pay for repairs and which are exempt from the fee. I was informed the repair technician makes the decision. They could not provide me the criteria which dictated the decision. I am not impressed.

The company I work for have over 400 iPads being used by our sales team. PBs were being considered to be supported in the field. The company was purchased by a Bank recently, which increased the sales field from 1000 to 10,000 potential mobile users. I create instructional videos, by capturing the Mobile device screen on my PC or Laptop in real time, and provide tech support for all proprietary software.

The discount price of the PB was a great deal for me and my daughter, to get a jump on familiarizing myself with the PB for work, and for personal use. The iPad is too big to be called mobile, imho.

RIM, it will be very hard for me to provide any positive feedback for PBs, if I am asked if we should support PBs in the field, after the way my daughter and I have been treated.

Have a nice day.
    If you call BlackBerry PlayBook Support again and your tablet(s) are still under the one-year manufacturer warranty you should get the problem resolved free of charge. The information the support representative provided to you is blatantly incorrect.
    12-01-12 10:50 PM
    You can always buy apple and pay $300-$600 for their so called fixes.. Heaven forbid if you work on one yourself. That being said your PB is Covered just call another rep that knows what they're talking about..
    12-02-12 12:07 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD