Got myself an HDMI cable to hook my PB up to my TV, although it works fine the picture seems to be to large to fit on the tv screen. What do i need to alter to get the correct screen size.
    Is it settings on the PB or TV i need to alter.

Thanks.
    05-14-12 06:59 AM
    Got myself an HDMI cable to hook my PB up to my TV, although it works fine the picture seems to be to large to fit on the tv screen. What do i need to alter to get the correct screen size.

Thanks.
    See if your TV is zoomed in.
    05-14-12 07:00 AM
    It's not and cant find any settings on the tv to allow for such a thing.
    05-14-12 07:02 AM
    On your playbook try options - hdmi - aspect ratio.
    05-14-12 07:09 AM
    I have the same problem.. It doesn't fit correctly.. Sony Bravia here.. TV is not zoomed.. and None of the aspect ratios on the PB fit correctly..
    05-14-12 07:12 AM
    It's not and cant find any settings on the tv to allow for such a thing.
    Is your TV 1080p or 720p?
    05-14-12 07:14 AM
    I think this is normal for Sony. Mine does the same. Even my computer's video card does the same thing. I could resize the AMD video's output to fit but there's no option I've seen on the Playbook. It's not a big deal to me as I don't lose all that much of the display.
    05-14-12 07:21 AM
    Mine is 720p and i think that's the problem, i don't have the correct ratio in settings on the playbook.

Not a big deal as i only bought it to watch movies and they display fine.
    05-14-12 07:21 AM
    I have a Samsung tv, and I found to get the full screen not to be cut off is to set my aspect ratio to fit to screen. I have 4:3, 16:9, zoom 1, zoom 2 and fit to screen. Works for me if I set it to "Fit to screen" on the TV and I have the Playbook passing through my receiver and then to my tv
    05-14-12 07:34 AM
    Look for settings like water glass and stuff like that.

You didn't say what brand and model. With that we could read the manual.
    05-14-12 08:27 AM
    There is also settings on your tv for the aspect ratio, look for it.
    05-14-12 08:41 AM
    On your tv remote, there should be a button labeled "aspect" or "picture" or "format". Once you press it, it will cycle thru a series of aspect ratios such as "full", "4:3", "zoom", "letterbox", "widescreen", "16:9", etc. Set the hdmi settings on the PB to "stretch" then try cycling thru the aspect settings on your tv to see which one looks best.

I have 3 Panasonic tvs. Each remote has a format button which I leave set to "full" and it looks good. The 42" misses the top 2 or 3 horizontal lines from the PB screen and I don't regard this as a major problem. The 52" & 65" ones both show the entire PB screen to the very top and bottom.
    05-14-12 10:33 AM

Thanks.

does this thread help?

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...3/#post7339095
    05-14-12 11:22 AM
    Thanks for the advice guys, i will try when i get back home.
    05-14-12 03:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD