I'm wondering if anyone has a clue why HBO GO would just all of a sudden working on my PlayBook ? I can sign in, but it just won't start playing anything, just a black screen. I have a 64 wifi model. Half way through The Pacific and this sucks, can watch on laptop, but not as good.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-13 09:01 PM
    Is this an App or website?
    09-06-13 09:25 PM
    Is this an App or website?
    The website, been using it a long time .

Posted via CB10
    09-06-13 11:55 PM
    I just tried it with all three browsers that I have installed on my PB (Native, Secure Browser, and Origami Browser) and am getting the same black screen. I have not used HBO GO or any other video streaming site on the PB since last year after receiving an iPad mini as a gift.
    09-08-13 10:04 PM
    I just tried it with all three browsers that I have installed on my PB (Native, Secure Browser, and Origami Browser) and am getting the same black screen. I have not used HBO GO or any other video streaming site on the PB since last year after receiving an iPad mini as a gift.
    Thanks, it stopped working a few days ago, maybe they require a higher Flash now.
    Thanks again

Posted via CB10
    09-08-13 10:46 PM
    Their web site states that it needs Flash 10.2 to View.
    09-09-13 12:22 AM
    Their web site states that it needs Flash 10.2 to View.
    When I look on my PlayBook it states, Flash Player Version 11.1.121.74, so that should be good? I'm obviously clueless on this.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 01:38 PM
    I have the same version of Flash. It may be that they have upgraded other technologies for streaming that are no longer supported by the PB browser. I have given up streaming video on my PB as my iPad has dedicated apps for all the major sources (HBO, Cinemax, Nextflix, Hulu Plus, Amazon, etc.) that are periodically updated to keep woking with vendor updates.

Now that the PB will never receive any more updates many more options for using the PB as a media consumption devic will slowly dissapear (unfortunately).

My PB has been reduced to be used as an Alarm Clock, Internet Radio, Simple Browsing, and an occasional video game.
    09-09-13 04:01 PM
    my wife uses hbo go on the playbook during her workouts, this stopping working has really really ticked her off. Updated to the latest leak and still just a black screen when whatever show you choose loads. I would very much like to get this functionality back!
    09-10-13 01:17 AM
    my wife uses hbo go on the playbook during her workouts, this stopping working has really really ticked her off. Updated to the latest leak and still just a black screen when whatever show you choose loads. I would very much like to get this functionality back!
    I can't find any solutions what so ever. Will post anything I find out

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 02:21 AM
    Like mentioned earlier, the app works fine on my laptop. I thought for the hell of it I'll try my wife's S3, sure as heck it worked. I can't figure out what happened a few days ago that's preventing it loading on the PlayBook. I always tell my wife her S3 sucks compared to my Z10, man I hate this.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 06:48 AM
    Like others, I found the native browser increasingly unable to be used with services like HBO GO that once worked. I'm having the same issues with MLB 13 video (alternative audio works fine). I've also tried Origami with different browser emulators, as well as Simple Browser with different User Agents. Simple Browser with the IE 6 emulator used to work, but now it's choppy. I sense the providers have upgraded things, but that leaves PB users increasingly behind.
    09-10-13 09:30 AM
    Like others, I found the native browser increasingly unable to be used with services like HBO GO that once worked. I'm having the same issues with MLB 13 video (alternative audio works fine). I've also tried Origami with different browser emulators, as well as Simple Browser with different User Agents. Simple Browser with the IE 6 emulator used to work, but now it's choppy. I sense the providers have upgraded things, but that leaves PB users increasingly behind.
    Just got pushed a software update, the one that was leaked. Ver. 2.1.0.1753. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 09:34 AM
    What a bunch of BS, I surrender.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 10:14 AM
    What a bunch of BS, I surrender.

Posted via CB10
    I'm basically with you. These things all work beautifully on my wife's iPad, and I'm tired of trying to find workarounds. While I'm interested in seeing this newest update, my "passion" for testing it out is gone, given the PB is being orphaned. The PB's a great device for many of my business uses, but at the consumer level, increasingly less useful as even web applications don't work. Same story across the BB product line, obviously. As has been commented on repeatedly, RIM/BB realized way too late that a consumer-oriented device could be adapted and/or secured for corporate use, rather than the other way around. It will be interesting to see if it's also too late for Microsoft and Nokia. But that's for a different forum/thread.
    09-10-13 10:35 AM
    I'm basically with you. These things all work beautifully on my wife's iPad, and I'm tired of trying to find workarounds. While I'm interested in seeing this newest update, my "passion" for testing it out is gone, given the PB is being orphaned. The PB's a great device for many of my business uses, but at the consumer level, increasingly less useful as even web applications don't work. Same story across the BB product line, obviously. As has been commented on repeatedly, RIM/BB realized way too late that a consumer-oriented device could be adapted and/or secured for corporate use, rather than the other way around. It will be interesting to see if it's also too late for Microsoft and Nokia. But that's for a different forum/thread.
    Yeah it's crazy. I watch my 4 year old grandson watching all sorts of movies on a 3? year ipad and I don't care anymore that they paid $300 more than my PlayBook, darn thing works. My wife, daughter and son in law with their S3 & S4 with all their darn apps, without installing leaks and bar files, whatever they are. People go nuts when Angry Birds is now available for BB10! I could almost swear that the same time the leak came out for the PlayBook is when I lost HBO GO, now the official update comes out with a different Flash. Seems like someone turned a switch off.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 01:30 PM
    Yeah it's crazy. I watch my 4 year old grandson watching all sorts of movies on a 3? year ipad and I don't care anymore that they paid $300 more than my PlayBook, darn thing works. My wife, daughter and son in law with their S3 & S4 with all their darn apps, without installing leaks and bar files, whatever they are. People go nuts when Angry Birds is now available for BB10! I could almost swear that the same time the leak came out for the PlayBook is when I lost HBO GO, now the official update comes out with a different Flash. Seems like someone turned a switch off.

Posted via CB10
    You clearly have a point. Proprietary apps can fit nooks and crannies that the pb's browswer just does not do in a growing number of cases.
    09-10-13 07:02 PM
    Any one have any ideas on things we can try? I'm not ready for this thing to be an alarm clock yet.
    09-11-13 01:29 AM
    While someone mentioned changing the USER AGENT in 3rd party browswers, I don't know if they exhausted all the possibilities. But than again, hulu changed something ages ago that blocked the pb and I don't know it was ever fixed. So besides User Agent, there is something else that websites can check and block browsers.
    09-11-13 01:56 AM
    Any one have any ideas on things we can try? I'm not ready for this thing to be an alarm clock yet.
    Well it's almost 5am in Florida now and determined that the native browser is useless with HBO. I played around changing settings with the Origami browser and was able to stop getting a Video Player Error (code D-1003) and got to the point that I was able to watch a couple previews with really no big delays or freezes. Will attempt to watch a movie later. Does anyone know if I need to run Java script to stream?

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 04:59 AM