02-06-12 05:34 AM
31 12
tools
    I have recently convinced 6 different people to get the Playbook! I must say the new reduced price helped a lot. They are all really thrilled and already addicted. I even got to try Video Chat for the first time!

That's 6 more users to convince app developers to think about us. I try to do my little part to save the (BB) World! Have you influenced anyone in buying a Playbook?
    02-05-12 10:04 PM
    I have convinced the following people to buy a PB:

My brother
    My Gf
    My Gfs brother
    Uncle
    Uncle
    Aunt
    Cousin
    Cousin

and i am not stopping the hyping!
    02-05-12 10:12 PM
    My company IT manager wants to "borrow" my Playbook to do some tests once the new BES is installed in our company (which also gives RIM time to send the updated OS).
    Theoretically it will be a first step for the company President, the Technical Director and another company director to all get them, but it may go further if the tests go well and the company President is happy.

Si.
    WIdo likes this.
    02-05-12 10:13 PM
    everyone i know is apple-washed. my boss wants to purchase a pb but hes already in the bb wagon. maybe when 2.0 releases i will have a better chance
    WIdo likes this.
    02-05-12 10:17 PM
    not yet, but I've been tempted to give my 16gb to my sister (so I can vid chat the neices/nephew) and buy a 64gb!
    Bisboxer, WIdo and SassyD like this.
    02-05-12 10:19 PM
    Yes, I'm a martial artist & I recently recorded some of my fellow martial artists performing. When i showed them all the video (HD) that it took, many expressed interest, asked what it was & how much it cost. I think after the update this month, the PB will be back on track!! True multi-tasking, I can't wait for the 17th.
    WIdo likes this.
    02-05-12 10:21 PM
    I convinced one person, but they were sold out everywhere. He tried back multiple times and then ended up going with another tablet.

I'm surprised at how little research people do before dropping hundreds of dollars. I do have a bb phone but I honestly gave a good look at the majority of tablets out. Price wasn't a factor, since it was an X-mas gift..... and the PB just worked for me.
    The beau is Android-washed and said he was "embarrassed" to have to buy something Blackberry, yet now that hes experienced it, every time were together he has to have it.

I have one friend shopping for tablets right now, and by "shopping" I mean shes just going to go buy whats popular and on the shelf. Lame-Sauce.
    WIdo likes this.
    02-05-12 10:21 PM
    I think I am becoming Playbook supplier now, my brother works for a carrier and he introduced me to the staffs there as a person to sell playbook to when they get staff price.

Last week I got a 64G pb and sell it in 5 minutes by broadcasting it in bbm. Around 20 pb has passed through my hand to the consumer. I have 3 myself, 2 16g and 1 64g as my main.
    WIdo likes this.
    02-05-12 10:22 PM
    I convinced 8 people, including Apple fanboys. Some were so impressed they even bought the company stock. Apps variety was always a concern but after a quick demo and mention of the Android emulator, they were sold.

Everybody loves the size and portability factor.
    People are just amazed at the OS performance and rock-solid stability.
    Video chat is awesome (did you try moving the small window with your image??)
    Some people are really interested in the BB7 phones now and want to bridge!
    Flash is a huge plus

Few complaints:
    Occasion browser disappearing
    Power button
    WIdo likes this.
    02-05-12 10:41 PM
    Its hard for me to convince.. People have never heard of the damn thing fullstop...lol
    WIdo likes this.
    02-05-12 10:42 PM
    Yup.

Father
    Brother
    Friend X 2

Working on more...
    WIdo likes this.
    02-05-12 10:53 PM
    i convinced 3. but could get only two to buy as no stock of 16/32 gb PBs in india. will surely increase my count after OS2 releases. good luck and happy hunting for all u guys. lets rock and roll this )
    02-05-12 11:10 PM
    co worker*3
    only so far
    02-05-12 11:10 PM
    I have been trying and slowly I think people are starting to at least look! I keep tweeting how good the playbook is and showing unbiased reviews but everyone around me is applewashed. I'm in Canada which is the wierd thing! We should all have PlayBooks haha
    02-05-12 11:25 PM
    2 customers at Staples
    02-05-12 11:32 PM
    I bought my first one for work to try and convince them to replace our Toughbooks with PBs. We now have 6 more with 2 more in the works. My wife got one after using mine, which leaves her iPad to gather dust now. She also uses it to teach with now and has developed quite a bit of interest at school with it. One customer at BestB and possibly another. And lastly, two customers at work who have used mine, my b-inlaw, and a stranger on a flight who used mine for 30min during the flight.

The majority of which were completely unfamiliar with the PB to begin with. Exsposure is the key.
    02-05-12 11:54 PM
    mother
    co-worker
    friend
    partner
    02-05-12 11:58 PM
    i certainly do my part to sell the crap out of the playbook.

live long and prosper to all and rimm
    02-06-12 12:00 AM
    3.....a customer at Best Buy, my wife and a friend who's actually a computer tech. One day he messages me on Facebook and says "I caved".......now, he can't put it down!
    02-06-12 12:00 AM
    I have been influential in the purchase of at least seven Playbooks that I can comfirm. When asked to demo mine the first question I ask is "Do you have a Blackberry?" If the answer is "yes" I start with the bridge and show them how easy it is to email from the PB. Then I demo the calendar which people really like. I usually wrap up with the demo video and they are blown away by the screen. So, I can easily confirm seven, and maybe some more I simply don't know about.

There is no question in my mind it is a superior piece of hardware. Hopefully with OS2 it will have the software to match.
    02-06-12 12:01 AM
    I totally agree Roto.... I have not been successful with my WebHead son, but I think once OS2 comes out he will bend to my will! LOL Seriously, he will see that the Docs To Go will be more useful to him then. I will also have the problem of him being able to bridge his Web phone.... I'll get there thou.. By Hook or Crook!
    02-06-12 12:01 AM
    Yes, just two though.

My boy and my sister, who recently picked up the 64GB.
    02-06-12 12:11 AM
    mom, girlfriend, uncle, aiming for more! Love my playbook!
    02-06-12 12:57 AM
    A friend of mine was looking for a 7 inch tablet (he doesn't like the iPad) and I told him about PlayBook's sale prices. He instantly said that He had read bad things about it, hence He was not interested. He was thinking to buy an Android device. Since I didn't have my PlayBook with me at the time, I said nothing else. A week or so later we met again and I was prepared. I took my PlayBook out and handed it to him. I showed him off its various features and He used it for a while. He really liked it and realized that most (if not all) of the bad things He read about it were simply not true. The result? Even tough everyone at his office laugh at him when He told them that He wanted a PlayBook, 4 days later He took the plunge and got his 64GB one!

My wife also loved the PlayBook after using mine. Today she is another proud PlayBook owner
    02-06-12 01:24 AM
    i did .. my co-worker
    02-06-12 04:38 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD