So my wife and I went on a business trip, she had an automotive tool conference to go to for 3 days, and I have to share what happened with you guys.

It was about the time we landed after our flight that she remembered the important excel spreadsheet she left on her laptop at home (she didn't want to try to carry around the laptop all week). So I said "No worries, trust me!"

I called our daughter, had her fire up the laptop and email me the spreadsheet, which arrived via my Blackberry Torch. I then opened the spreadsheet on my trusty Playbook, saved it locally and handed the Playbook to her and said "That should work, right? Of course, you'll have to carry my Playbook around since I can't print it but you should be ok, right?"

Well, by the end of the conference she not only had added tons of notes to her spreadsheet but had taken care of all her business and had people commenting on how smart she looked carrying around a tablet instead of tons of paperwork.

Now, my wife has never been against my Playbook. But she also never saw "the need for it", until now. Plus, it made a damn fine movie player on the flight there and back. Which was even better since she is mega scared of flying, kept her mind elsewhere.

See, some times Playbook just saves the day, period!
    Bisboxer, hpjrt, wobly and 2 others like this.
    03-15-12 06:24 PM
    Great Share!! Now you need to buy her one!
    03-15-12 06:38 PM
    PlayBook has the potential sometimes you just need to be smart and come up with the idea!
    Handy little tool it is for sure, i'd take it everywhere with me nowadays.
    03-15-12 06:41 PM
    So my wife and I went on a business trip, she had an automotive tool conference to go to for 3 days, and I have to share what happened with you guys.

It was about the time we landed after our flight that she remembered the important excel spreadsheet she left on her laptop at home (she didn't want to try to carry around the laptop all week). So I said "No worries, trust me!"

I called our daughter, had her fire up the laptop and email me the spreadsheet, which arrived via my Blackberry Torch. I then opened the spreadsheet on my trusty Playbook, saved it locally and handed the Playbook to her and said "That should work, right? Of course, you'll have to carry my Playbook around since I can't print it but you should be ok, right?"

Well, by the end of the conference she not only had added tons of notes to her spreadsheet but had taken care of all her business and had people commenting on how smart she looked carrying around a tablet instead of tons of paperwork.

Now, my wife has never been against my Playbook. But she also never saw "the need for it", until now. Plus, it made a damn fine movie player on the flight there and back. Which was even better since she is mega scared of flying, kept her mind elsewhere.

See, some times Playbook just saves the day, period!
    Let me see if I got this straight, Your wife had an Automotive tool conference to attend. Sweet my kind of girl.
    03-15-12 06:42 PM
    Great Share!! Now you need to buy her one!
    I agree, and the BEST feature will be that you and her can video chat!
    jafobabe and hpjrt like this.
    03-15-12 06:46 PM
    Let me see if I got this straight, Your wife had an Automotive tool conference to attend. Sweet my kind of girl.
    Yea! She's the best! She spent 8 years working for DeWalt, now she owns a tool distribution franchise.
    03-15-12 08:50 PM
    Good to hear, my wife and her sister love ipods and facetime with each all the time. My wife couldnt believe my mom sent my a playbook for my birthday. Well, guess who now uses the PB to type up her nursing assignments? And uses the PB during her work meetings? Yeah, if you guessed my wife, you are right.
    03-15-12 09:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD