I am not the most technically gifted guy so I am asking for some of you more experienced people for your help.
    It seems the last little while my PB has become slower and slower. I use it primarily for browsing and usually clear the history every day or so (option, security, clear all).
    But I find the PB keeps getting slower and slower, seldom does a web page fully load ( blue bar always stops around 3/4), web page close automatically, open new tab when you press hold a link does not work, the other day BlackBerry Bridge tab dissappeared from the home page, app world can take up to 30 seconds or longer to load etc.
    I have down the whole press power button plus the + & - buttons for a hard reset. And it does not seem to help. I did not download and install 2.0 so that is not it. I seldom shut off the PB and use the "standby" to put it to rest.
    I wish I could do a battery pull like the phone LOL

Anybody experience this and find a correction for it? Is it possible for the PB to geta virus?
    Oh I have about 9GB of free storage so it is not full either.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Thank You
    11-13-11 07:25 AM
    Might want to reload the software.
    11-13-11 07:30 AM
    Are you talking about browsing using wifi or when you have no wifi and are using bridge? I get this when using bridge when browsing.

For the bridge tab disappearing I would delete the bluetooth bridge connection on both and reboot both and then repair them. If you think it's more then that then you can always backup and do a debrick with dm.
    11-13-11 07:34 AM
    it my be your wireless connection. Try and reset it
    11-13-11 07:37 AM
    Just do a normal restart from time to time. Hard reboots/restarts (the three button type) are rarely needed and amount to a "battery pull" though BBOS and QNX are completely different systems. QNX doesn't need battery pulls like BBOS.

I've beat on my PB hard for 6 months and performance remains nominal.

Appworld loading slowed down after one of the updates in the summer.

The OS is one of the most robust ever devised.

If a given web page hangs, stop the loading, refresh and you should be good to go.
    11-13-11 07:38 AM
    Thank for the quick reply.
    It happens when I am on WiFi, actually when I am on the road the Bridge actually seems faster which is a pleasant surprise. I will try and reset my wireless connection. I restarted the phone and PB and did get my Bridge tab back on the PB and has not happened since, just wondered if it was a symptom of the PB beginning to have issues. I have not tryed hooking it up to Desk to Manager yet.
    As a side note I was at Indigo/Chapters the other day looking at the Kobo VOX (Kobo's version of the Kindle Fire) and it smoked my playbook for speed. I sent the VOX browser to Crackberry.com knowing it was a heavy flash site the even gives the PB a run for its money and was blown away that the site loaded within seconds. Considering the PB has 1 Ghz processor and the VOX has only 800Mhz I was very impressed. I am not looking to replace my PB but was considering the VOX for my mother. However if the PB does come down to the 200.00 price I would get her a PB.
    11-13-11 07:55 AM
    ^ The problem does seem to be your router. Too bad you didn't have your PB along so that you could see the difference a functioning router connection makes. The bridge browser is surprisingly fast but no way should be faster than a wifi connection.
    11-13-11 08:01 AM
    Does the VOX do flash? The biggest problem with the playbook browser is how it handles java script not flash all though flash could be what causes the crashes. I don't know.
    11-13-11 08:08 AM
    Sigh I suspected it might be my router, but the only problem with that is when I first got the Playbook It was very fast. Never had problems loading pages. Mind you that was before a couple of OS updates.
    How would that explain how slow the PB is vs the VOX using the public WiFi in the store?
    I am a big promoter of the PB but that was embarrassing when I was explaining the beauty of the PB to the clerk. Are there settings in the PB for its wifi connection?
    Also I used to have my old 9700 Bridged to the PB how do I remove that phone from the list of bridged devices? Can I do it right on the PB or do I need to do it manually through my DM?
    Thank you again.
    11-13-11 08:17 AM
    The VOX first went to the mobile Crackberry site but at the bottom of the page there was the option to chose the non-mobile site. When I clicked it Crackberry popped up just like it does on my PB but faster. So I am assuming yes it has flash (could be wrong) since the site appeared to have everything I am used to seeing on my PB. I am not computer savvy I just know that Crackberry requires a lot of flash and the VOX showed the site the way I am familiar with.
    11-13-11 08:24 AM
    Sigh I suspected it might be my router, but the only problem with that is when I first got the Playbook It was very fast. Never had problems loading pages. Mind you that was before a couple of OS updates.
    How would that explain how slow the PB is vs the VOX using the public WiFi in the store?
    I am a big promoter of the PB but that was embarrassing when I was explaining the beauty of the PB to the clerk. Are there settings in the PB for its wifi connection?
    Also I used to have my old 9700 Bridged to the PB how do I remove that phone from the list of bridged devices? Can I do it right on the PB or do I need to do it manually through my DM?
    Thank you again.
    Delete it in bluetooh using the pencil icon.
    11-13-11 08:27 AM
    The VOX first went to the mobile Crackberry site but at the bottom of the page there was the option to chose the non-mobile site. When I clicked it Crackberry popped up just like it does on my PB but faster. So I am assuming yes it has flash (could be wrong) since the site appeared to have everything I am used to seeing on my PB. I am not computer savvy I just know that Crackberry requires a lot of flash and the VOX showed the site the way I am familiar with.
    If I turn flash off the site still looks the same.
    11-13-11 08:33 AM
    Deleted thank you, can't believe I didn't find that on my own LOL
    Thanks
    11-13-11 08:35 AM
    Really, hmm I should turn off the flash on mine. If I turned of the flash would I still be able to see streaming videos?
    11-13-11 08:37 AM
    Other then video yes the site looks the same.
    11-13-11 08:52 AM
    Does the VOX do flash? The biggest problem with the playbook browser is how it handles java script not flash all though flash could be what causes the crashes. I don't know.
    Yes, I mentioned Java similarly in another thread just now. Crackberry performs so much better with Java OFF. It loads faster and when using the BackArrow, the page does not refresh, throwing off my reader order of threads here.
    11-13-11 09:40 AM
    One last question is it possible for the PB to get a virus. As I mentioned in my original post the Playbook is getting so slow. Tonight I download the "Orb" app and now I am lucky if I can connect to the internet. I am not saying it is a result of the app but seems a coincidence. I did remove the app but made no difference to the PB performance. Tried hooking the PB to DM and do a back up but kept failing to back up. I then tried the custom back up and could back up media and setting but appears the apps won't. Do any of you think this related.
    Any ideas how I can get the PB back to its former self?
    11-13-11 10:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD