Daughter dropped Playbook and broke digitizer screen, it was still fully functional except for broken glass, bought a used playbook for parts on ebay, followed directions on you tube and other sites to remove and replace screen , it seems to be working but can only see half the screen, it is split down the middle with the left section staying white, the white side does respond to touch but you cant see what you're touching. Have searched on here but cant find any help. I reopened the back and rechecked connections, Any suggestions?
    03-14-13 03:55 PM
    Maybe the screen was bad which is why they sold the pb for parts?

Other than checking a 3rd time, I'm not sure what you can do. Good luck.
    yamahammer likes this.
    03-14-13 04:58 PM
    You can separate the digitizer from the LCD. If you are using the LCD from the ebay PB then try your LCD and the ebay digitizer.
    03-14-13 07:34 PM
    You can separate the digitizer from the LCD. If you are using the LCD from the ebay PB then try your LCD and the ebay digitizer.
    Good suggestion. Also, OP are you absolutely, positively certain that you reconnected all circuits and connectors correctly? There's quite a few and also the possibility of pinching or damaging the digitizer ribbon. If you used the donor digitizer and LCD as a unit, as suggested by Chaddface, I would try your original if everything else checks out.
    03-15-13 12:31 AM
    Sorry, to clarify, the parts playbook was bought for the digitizer only the lcd doesnt work, so only part used from parts PB was dig screen. Yes will have to recheck connections again. thanks
    03-15-13 06:27 AM
    Given that the effect is over one half of the screen, I'd wager that the disassembly compromised the LCD address cable, specifically the highest bit. Had you compromised a lower bit, you'd have stripes, finer and finer stripes depending on how much lower, instead. Never having opened my PlayBook, though, this is just a guess.
    03-15-13 07:15 AM